PDA

View Full Version : What things did you not expect to like but put a smile on your face now?

Cinderelley
02-11-2017, 07:42 PM
I am working on my spreadsheet with the plans for our trip. Crystal Palace went in the box for our first breakfast on our first day at Magic Kingdom. 13 years ago when I planned our very first trip which was a family reunion, I didn't expect to like this breakfast. It had good reviews on intercot, and I thought it would be nice for the young ones in our group. I got a coveted early morning before the park opens ADR knowing I would have to drag my night shift butt out of bed early to do it. I can't even emphasize how low my expectations work and those of my teenage children.
Man were we surprised. This is now a must-do for every trip regardless of who I take with me (and everyone has loved it), and one each of my kids has asked to repeat on our upcoming trip. As I typed it into the box, I realized I had a HUGE smile just typing it in.
Does anyone else have a place like this? Something I should slip into our plans to surprise everyone again?

Genie1953
02-12-2017, 07:52 AM
That is our favorite thing to do too and we always manage to snag an early morning ADR...except our last trip. I kept checking every day plus used the touring plans reservation finder feature and lo and behold...3 days before we left for Disney an 8:10am reservation opened up. We were thrilled. Another one was dinner at Wilderness Canyon Cafe. Love that place...so much fun!!

buzznwoodysmom
02-12-2017, 07:18 PM
Grand Floridian cafe! I called dining from our room one morning to see what was available in the MK area that evening. It was my birthday, but a last minute trip so I had not made any dining plans ahead. I was a little bummed that GFC was one of the few options available on my birthday. But I booked it anyway. We were so pleasantly surprised at not only how great the food was, but service was top notch and the restaurant was so peaceful and calming, especially coming from MK in the middle of the summer.

Its definitely one of those hidden gems! We are still able to make last minute ADRs and\or walk up and eat here with little to no notice. And it has never disappointed!

Cinderelley
02-12-2017, 10:09 PM
I was actually toying with the idea of trying the Grand Floridian Cafe on one of my days before or after everyone arrives. It seems pretty relaxing.

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-13-2017, 04:04 PM
Gaston character meeting. He was my favorite character meet because he is just hilarious and I wouldn't normally list him as a favorite character meeting

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-13-2017, 04:05 PM
If you're referring to only dining we love BE our Guest Dinner, Ohana Dinner and Garden Grill breakfast was good and great characters.

Cinderelley
02-13-2017, 11:00 PM
I should make it a point of seeing Gaston for the boys in the group.

Simba's Mom
02-14-2017, 11:05 AM
For us, it was Nine Dragons dining in Epcot. We went there for lunch and were very pleasantly surprised.