PDA

View Full Version : Blizzard Beach Vs Typhoon Lagoon

andypooh
02-06-2017, 04:01 PM
Will be at WDW at the end of August with DS 8, DS 11, and DW. We have always done Blizzard Beach, twice year the last few times. We really enjoy Teamboat Springs and do it multiple times. The boys also do some of the smaller raft rides on their own and we do some of the 2 person raft rides and the lazy river as well.

I was thinking of doing one day at each water park this coming summer. We usually start 3-4 hours and do it in the morning when the parks open.

Just looking to hear what everyone has to say about Typhoon Lagoon. Thanks.

Zippy 1
02-06-2017, 05:36 PM
We have enjoyed both water parks. While they both have features we like we have to visit both!

williamabutler
02-06-2017, 06:13 PM
Typhoon Lagoon is really nice. They have a new major attraction opening soon. It also has a nice lazy river. You can probably find a YouTube travelogue on TL. It is a beautiful park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SueQ
02-15-2017, 03:25 PM
We have gone to Typhoon Lagoon on our past 2 trips and really enjoyed it. We love the wave pool, lazy river and Crush N Gusher water coaster. We usually go for 3-4 hours when it first opens in the morning. This year it is closed during our trip next month so we will be trying Blizzard Beach for the first time.

Speedy1998
02-16-2017, 01:02 PM
I like them both, but may I make a recommendation about going in the afternoon.

We like to show up about 4 hours before the park closes. What I have found in the afternoon is that the park is getting less crowded, and the heat is not as brutal. Usually in the last hour there are no waits for most of the attractions.

joonyer
02-16-2017, 06:18 PM
We love Teamboat Springs at Blizzard Beach, it's one of our family's favorite WDW attractions to ride together. and you can't top Summit Plummet.

But Typhoon Lagoon will have a new BIG family raft ride opening this spring, Miss Adventure Falls, which should be similar to Teamboat Springs. Looks like a LOT of fun and a really long ride, just like TS. We love Crush 'n Gusher too. So I think TL is great, can't go wrong at either water park.

disneycutie165
06-29-2017, 10:53 AM
I'm so glad someone asked about this! We are wondering also which park to go to. Would you say both parks can appeal to people that are not thrill-seekers?

joonyer
06-29-2017, 10:31 PM
Not at thrill seeker? Then the "lazy rivers" at either park will be right up your alley. Slow and relaxing!

We LOVE Disney
08-08-2017, 10:38 PM
We love Teamboat Springs at Blizzard Beach, it's one of our family's favorite WDW attractions to ride together. and you can't top Summit Plummet.

But Typhoon Lagoon will have a new BIG family raft ride opening this spring, Miss Adventure Falls, which should be similar to Teamboat Springs. Looks like a LOT of fun and a really long ride, just like TS. We love Crush 'n Gusher too. So I think TL is great, can't go wrong at either water park.Unless I read wrong, it looks like it'll only hold 4. How is that a "family" ride? I think we may have to stick to Blizzard Beach for their true family raft ride if that's the case.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

joonyer
08-08-2017, 11:49 PM
Unless I read wrong, it looks like it'll only hold 4. How is that a "family" ride? I think we may have to stick to Blizzard Beach for their true family raft ride if that's the case.

That's a valid point if your family is bigger than 4. In that case, you'd have to split up between rafts. Not as good as Teamboat Springs with the rafts that will hold 6-8 people.