PDA

View Full Version : Beach Club vs Grand Floridian

wdwjenn
01-29-2017, 08:41 AM
We are in the beginning steps pf planning our next trip:mickey:
We have never been during the holidays and are planning the first week of December...hopefully before the crowds!! I have always wanted to stay at the Grand but not sure I can justify the $200 more per night than the Beach Club (another resort I want to try). Am I comparing apples to oranges with the two or will I be just as happy with both?
For reference we have three children 12, 8,7 and the grandparents are coming along as well. We will surely miss the monorail having stayed at the Polynesian our past two visits however having EPCOT right there and the pool for the kids makes it seem very inviting.:confused::confused:

Thanks for all your help:marg::mickey:

brownie
01-29-2017, 09:32 AM
It sounds like you're already leaning towards the Beach Club. That would be my choice due to the pool area and proximity to Epcot.

Zippy 1
01-29-2017, 11:08 AM
I would do the Beach Club. I love the area and it is much more relaxing there

SBETigg
01-29-2017, 12:26 PM
The Beach Club is a big hit with families, and at a lower cost, might be the way to go for you. Some prefer one, some the other. The Grand Floridian is my favorite, but the Beach Club might actually be more satisfying for your crowd. What I miss when I'm there: we don't spend as much time at the Magic Kingdom, and the Seven Seas Lagoon with the Electrical Water Pageant, and I don't like their lack of a decent counter service option at the BC. But you do have a lagoon with boats to watch and the Boardwalk across the way, and easy proximity to Epcot and DHS. And that great pool. If you're torn between GF and Beach Club in feel, you might also consider the Yacht Club, which has some of the GF's elegance and still all the benefits of the Beach Club.

KODABEAR
01-29-2017, 12:52 PM
We had same problem last year. Spent the first two nites at GF then moved to Beach Club. Worked out great. This year doing Contemporary and then Beach Club. :snowman::santa:

wdwjenn
01-29-2017, 02:06 PM
I am concerned about the lack of a counter service location. We like to grab breakfast most mornings at the counter service location at our resort as well as a quick lunch by the pool a few days during our stay. How limited is the selection at The Marketplace?

BrerGnat
01-29-2017, 04:48 PM
Beach Club. I like the Grand but I find going to Epcot pretty inconvenient from GF. I like the more central location of Beach Club me all the activities available around the lake with the Boardwalk and all the resorts in easy walking distance. Plus, the pool is simply incomparable.

I think the Beach Club has good CS options. The Marketplace now has Mickey waffles, I think. And Hurricane Hanna's is a great CS spot by the pool. And the Boardwalk Bakery is a short walk away and has lots of breakfast options as well.

Have you considered a Club Level room a BC? The breakfast offerings are quite good as well as the other snacks and drinks available. With a family of five, you will definitely get your money's worth on the Club Level. And the convenience of the lounge is great with little kids.

lawgirl
01-29-2017, 07:01 PM
Beach Club definitely. I like it so much better than GF. The location is amazing. Cape May Cafe is one of our favorite places to eat. It is so gorgeous at Christmas. We just went this past December and toured the Boardwalk area. I love the convenience of being able to walk to all of the resorts on that loop- the Dolphin has some great dining choices, and a gorgeous Christmas tree. The Yacht Club is right next door and gorgeous. I love that area so much, and I feel like it will be a hit with your group!

Simba's Mom
02-02-2017, 02:45 PM
I am concerned about the lack of a counter service location. We like to grab breakfast most mornings at the counter service location at our resort as well as a quick lunch by the pool a few days during our stay. How limited is the selection at The Marketplace?

The Marketplace offers clam chowder (as well as some other soup), in a bread bowl and it has lots of good cupcakes. We've never had complaints about their selection.

#1donaldfan
02-03-2017, 12:46 PM
The Beach Club seems more family friendly and less stuffy and rigid. I find myself thinking I'd have to keep the kids super quiet and the Grand ...

Disney Doll
02-03-2017, 07:21 PM
Having stayed at both I prefer Beach Club and for the price it's no contest. Grand Floridian just feels stuffy and grannyish. I much prefer the vibe of Beach Club. I also like being within walking distance of EPCOT and the Boardwalk. That adds a ton of food options, shopping, and activities.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

DebK
02-04-2017, 07:58 AM
Hi Jenn!
I just stayed at the BC in November and really enjoyed it! I thought the Marketplace had plenty of options for breakfast as well as room service, which was pretty reasonable....The Christmas decorations there are beautiful! And that quick walk into Epcot is awesome.....