PDA

View Full Version : Best Counter Service in World Showcase

disney1026
01-25-2017, 02:45 PM
World Showcase is one of may favorite places to eat - but somehow I seem to have not eaten at many of the counter services restaurants (mostly dinners at table service restaurants). What are your favorite counter service restaurants in World Showcase? I want to definitely try something new when we are there this Spring.

SBETigg
01-25-2017, 03:20 PM
Tangierine Cafe in Morocco is always good for us. Katsura Grill in Japan, also a favorite but I heard a recent report that things have gone down a bit.

John
01-25-2017, 04:45 PM
Nothing like a sushi and Kirin fix at Kabuki Cafe. Does LaCava in Mexico count? Chips, Salsa and Margaritas are a meal right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buzznwoodysmom
01-25-2017, 04:46 PM
As a family of 4 what we usually do is purchase one meal or a snack at several different locations and share. This way we don't have to pick just one place. The places we have enjoyed the most are Mexico, Japan, Morocco, France, UK, snacks in Germany, and drinks just about everywhere! We also love a good old funnel cake in the America pavilion.

Basket Mommy
01-25-2017, 09:46 PM
We've eaten in all of the counter services in World Showcase except Great Britain. We just recently had lunch in Mexico for the first time and I loved the empanadas & the slaw served with it. Skip the churros. They're too chewy, not at all like the ones in Magic Kingdom. Love the Sushi in Japan, and Tangierine Cafe' is amazing.

Tink1
01-25-2017, 10:01 PM
Katsura Grill in Japan is always a favorite, and the sandwiches at the Kringla Bakeri in Norway.

Boulangerie Patisserie in France is a must stop for something (breakfast, lunch or snack)

Nanc

BrerGnat
01-26-2017, 10:09 AM
I like the bakery in France. Also, the Mexico counter service place is pretty good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

lawgirl
01-26-2017, 11:31 AM
Tangierine Cafe is my favorite. So good. And we usually do end up at Cantina de San Angel for margaritas and nachos before the fireworks.

#1donaldfan
01-26-2017, 12:25 PM
Two favorites are Sunshine Seasons and Yorkshire Fish Shoppe. Of course the candy / bakery in Germany cannot ever be passed up ...

brownie
01-29-2017, 10:11 AM
Here's our favorites at Epcot:

Yorkshire County Fish Shop
Lotus Blossom Cafe

texas211
01-29-2017, 04:15 PM
I like America. Always a place to sit in the AC.
China is the worst.. Its basically Panda Express. And poor seating area.

Just go during F&W and the whole place is counter service :)

Fastpasssteve
02-01-2017, 01:27 AM
I really enjoy the fish and chips counter service in Great Britain. The bakery in France serves sandwiches on baguette and croissants. They toast them there for you fresh. And please promise me you'll get the Cronuts at the Refreshment Port. Get one for each person in your party; you won't want to share.

joonyer
02-01-2017, 03:19 PM
My favorite is also the Tangierine Cafe. Love their wraps and Shawarma chicken. The couscous salad is also delish!

LVT
02-27-2017, 12:29 AM
Nothing like a sushi and Kirin fix at Kabuki Cafe. Does LaCava in Mexico count? Chips, Salsa and Margaritas are a meal right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk It only counts if cheese is included.

BriarRose0708
02-27-2017, 08:08 AM
I love Tangerine Cafe in Morocco, the last time I went the portions were nice and made it a good value for the cost (a wrap or shwarma platter with a drink was probably between $12 and $15, it may have gone up in the past couple years) and there was enough to share. It's a great break from the usual pizza, burgers, and fried chicken chunks at the traditional quick service places.

Lindsey
02-27-2017, 11:59 AM
Tangierine Cafe in Morocco. I always make sure to grab a meal there on every trip. :number1:

Marc
02-27-2017, 11:42 PM
We always stop in the French bakery for a loaf of bread and butter and something sweet. We also have gone during the Food & Wine Festival (this March going during the Flower & Garden Festival) and they have multiple food booths that are fantastic. You should check if there will be a festival during your visit.

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-28-2017, 08:39 AM
We cannot do Epcot with getting fish n chips from Yorkshire Fish Shop in UK-so good I could eat two orders. For dessert, head to France for a pastry. The Napoleon is to die for.

azcavalier
02-28-2017, 12:22 PM
Ahhh, the age-old question. There is no "best" counter service in the World Showcase. There is, however, a worst.

The worst is America. Yes, there is always seating, and it is air conditioned. But it's burgers and chicken nuggets (which, I suppose is safe, and the kids definitely like it). But it's the World Showcase! Go try something else!

We love Tangierene Cafe in Morocco, Fish n' Chips from UK, the bakery in France. We like the Katsura Grill in Japan. I've had a couple of meals from La Cantina de San Angel in Mexico, and it was delicious, but you don't get the amount of food you get in other places. At least, you didn't used to. Admittedly it's been a few years.

I have never tried the Sommerfest QS in Germany. It's basically brats and frankfurters. Though they do have a black forest cake which looks amazing.

However, the best QS place in Epcot IMHO is Sunshine Seasons. If you're at that end of the Showcase, just hop over to The Land and eat.

mydisneygirls
02-28-2017, 12:53 PM
Unfortunately we've only eaten at the UK and France bakery because my kids are extremely picky. BUT - I can't complain. The fish and chips are probably the best I've ever had and what's not to like about the bakery! You can actually get a ham and cheese croissant and a pastry - for me it's a meal! I know we once tried Japan and remember I liked it very much.

barnaby
02-28-2017, 03:40 PM
World Showcase for me is Tangierine Cafe
In Future World, Sunshine Seasons

Scallywag
02-28-2017, 05:22 PM
Fish and chips in the UK. Or the bakery in France.

texas211
02-28-2017, 08:28 PM
Well, if we are throwing out desserts.. Then the german caramel house is a must. The best. The hots at the weiner place in the back are good, and have shaded seating.

Polynesian Dweller
03-01-2017, 12:01 AM
Tangerine Cafe is a must for us every. Tasty food and at a good price.

MNNHFLTX
03-01-2017, 03:57 PM
Tangierine Cafe, hands down the best, IMO. The food there is better than what you can get in the Marakkesh restaurant. Also love the fish and chips in the UK and Sommerfest in Germany. If you like mac and cheese, they have a nudel gratin there that you will love.