PDA

View Full Version : What magic bands is Disney sending in the mail?

JoDisney
01-20-2017, 12:53 PM
Is it the new magic bands 2? OR are they sending the original magic bands?

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-20-2017, 04:55 PM
I believe that everyone is now receiving the new bands.

Maleficent's Dad
01-20-2017, 07:50 PM
Just got the new bands last week. The disk/puck apparatus can be removed with a tiny screwdriver which surprised me (like an eyeglass screwdriver).

Princess Jules
01-24-2017, 12:29 PM
Just got the new bands last week. The disk/puck apparatus can be removed with a tiny screwdriver which surprised me (like an eyeglass screwdriver).

Is there a reason why someone would want to remove it? Like after the vacation or something. Is that where all the information is stored?

DizneyRox
01-24-2017, 04:14 PM
Is there a reason why someone would want to remove it? Like after the vacation or something. Is that where all the information is stored?
The information is not stored on the band, the band is just a unique key to get at your plans stored on your account (My Disney Experience).

VWL Mom
01-24-2017, 04:46 PM

They are going to begin selling "MagicKeepers (https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2016/12/retail-magicband-2-and-magickeepers-coming-to-walt-disney-world-resort/)". The puck will fit into the fobs and they can be attached to a lanyard, purse, etc rather than wearing the band.