PDA

View Full Version : Sun sleeves? - Do they work?

Euby
01-18-2017, 03:44 AM
While searching for items to use for my upcoming Disney trip, I stumbled across something called sun sleeves. I have really fair skin and was thinking this might be an alternative to carrying around sunscreen.

Has anyone used them? What has been your experience? Was there a brand that you preferred over another?

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-18-2017, 06:25 AM
Thanks for sharing! I'd never heard of these ... and I'm looking forward to hearing others experiences too!

ILoveLegos
01-18-2017, 05:35 PM
My mom has lupus and has to limit sun exposure to avoid complications. She uses sun sleeves while driving and of course while in Walt Disney World where the sun can be intense. She likes them, but she also always slathers on sun screen all over - just to be sure that she is protected (on her arms as well). I think the main problem she has with them is that they are not extremely breathe-able (very tight woven material) sort of like a nylon wind breaker. She does not mind that when she's walking about because the movement of her arms makes air flow bearably. When she is inside she is quick to remove them and actually ties them onto the strap of her backpack (or on the steering wheel of her car) - sort of as a visual reminder to put them back on in the sun. To my knowledge my mom has never gotten sunburned on her arms when wearing them, so they do work. Of course, they only work if you wear them. She receives a lot of compliments about how cleaver they are from people who see them in WDW's brutal sun. I know there are many out there on the market. By the way, she has the tan ones made by Solumbra (called shade sleeves). I hope this helps.

LVT
02-07-2017, 09:17 PM
Thank you for sun sleeve info.