PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of decorating my ECV rental while at Disney

Euby
01-17-2017, 07:05 AM
Has anyone ever decorated their off-site ECV rental while they were visiting Disney? I was thinking of attaching (via zip ties) an inexpensive plush animal. Sort of like a sailing ships maidenhead.
:sail:

I would love to hear from others, especially if you have photos.

Ed
01-17-2017, 07:56 AM
I don't have pictures, but we were in the parks the week before Christmas and saw several ECVs decorated with battery powered multi-colored lights, some steadily on and some flashing. Most were either privately owned or rented from off-site companies, but we saw at least two WDW ECVs so decorated.

The "battery powered" I refer to are lights with their own battery packs, NOT wired into the ECV's battery.

Simba's Mom
01-17-2017, 02:29 PM
I've never decorated my scooter, but it's a good idea, maybe it would help me be more visible! Last time I was at WDW so many people almost walked/ran right into me, it was like I was invisible. Then they probably went home and told everyone about the %&*@ scooters that almost ran into them.

Euby
01-18-2017, 06:02 AM
Since I will be there during the Flower & Garden festival, maybe some sort of floral garland... :pick:

Disney4us2
01-18-2017, 09:34 AM
I have battery-powered lights on the basket of my scooter . My walker (rollator) has zebra print tape on the padded back rest. I may put lights on it for the Star Wars 5k.

TheDuckRocks
01-19-2017, 08:38 AM
Great Idea! I'll be down for the F&G also but not at the same time. I'm stealing your idea and adding some lights.
I've used Christmas lights and for the Halloween party one year I was able to get an orange string and a purple string with bats.

ransam
03-24-2017, 04:11 PM
i always bring stickers (that will come off), and flags to decorate my scooter into one of our local sports teams.

cer
03-25-2017, 07:27 AM
Great idea! Sounds fun.

Just an aside, zip ties are THE BEST!!! We just completed a time where my son was raising a pig for FFA. He used zip ties for so many things!