PDA

View Full Version : Help with what Fastpass to get....

Missybea
01-14-2017, 06:24 PM
We are going to Disney World for 9 days during what I am expecting to be a super busy time (March 26 - April 3). Below is the itinerary I have so far and needing help with what fastpasses to get and when. I want to book them early so we can get the additional one (from what I have read you get 3 in advance then one more when they are all used) The first week we are staying at Bonnet Creek, then we are staying on property (all-star) so I am avoiding the parks that have EMH until we are on property.

Also, we have a 8 and 9 year old so we are trying to make sure we get chill time somewhere!

On Tuesday we are using FP for character meets (one loves Rapunzel and one loves Ariel and MUST MEET) is it stupid to use FP for this?

Sunday - Epcot - All day
Do test track early
get FP for Soarin 10-11am

Monday - Hollywood Studios - Start early, take break or end early

Tuesday - MK - All day (Focus on meeting characters since the girls will be princessed out)
Go straight to Peter Pan
Seven Dwarves ride (FP) 9:30 - 10:30
10:40 reservations for Bibbity Bop Boutique
Stay in Fantasy land
1:05 Lunch at Cinderella table
3:00 Fairy tale hall (FP)
5:00 Ariel's Grotto (FP)
Do fantasy land and tomorrowland fireworks and night parade

Wed - Epcot - Sleep in stay late
2pm Frozen (FP)

Thur - MK -Relax and go late day OR Off day

Fri -Animal Kingdom (check into All Star hotel) late day
2 - Everest (FP)
7 Dinner @ Ohanna

Sat- Early hours? AK - All Day

Sun - Early hours? - HS - All day

Monday - LAST DAY! MK ALL day

Thank you for your help!

faline
01-14-2017, 07:32 PM
Your plans sound good. However, I think you may need to be a bit more flexible with your fast pass timing - particularly for an attraction like Frozen. You might be lucky to get a fast pass at all - never mind for the exact time you want it. Character meet and greets often get very busy so, if that is important to your family, I think it might be a very good use of your fastpass options. Keepin mind, also, that you are not limited to just four fastpasses per day. If you use your first three, you can make an additional one. If you use that one, you can add another, etc. On our last trip, I was often looking for the next fastpass option while standing in the fastpass line after using our most recent fastpass.

Itchy
01-14-2017, 07:39 PM
The best answer I have is get your fast passes, or try to get them as soon as you can. These fill up quickly so be ready to be flexible on times. The princess stuff fills up quickly as do the rides.

thejens
01-14-2017, 07:56 PM
I think it is a good use of your time if they are exciting for your girls. You might consider dining in Askurshus. You will see lots of princesses but can't guarantee Ariel. I don't think Rapunzel is in that group. If you get to the parks when they open, then you can get a lot of the good attractions in early without the fast pass too.

Genie1953
01-14-2017, 08:59 PM
I can tell you that when we tried to get fast passes for frozen we started right on the dot the minute our fast pass window opened and the earliest we could get was 4:30pm. We kept trying numerous times thereafter but there was never anything earlier. The frozen fast pass is tough to get.

Goofy4TheWorld
01-14-2017, 11:48 PM
The first week we are staying at Bonnet Creek, then we are staying on property (all-star) so I am avoiding the parks that have EMH until we are on property.

First, I just want to make sure you realize that you get to book your FastPasses for the 4 days you are at Movies at 60-days out, unlike the FastPasses you can book at only 30-days out while staying at Bonnet Creek.

Specifically, it looks like you are staying at Movies Friday, March 31 for 4 nights (and 4 park days). Because of the 60+10 benefit of staying on property, you can book all of your FastPasses for your park dates 3/31 thru 4/3 at 60-days out from you CHECK-IN date, which means you can make these reservations on Monday, January 30th at 6:00am Eastern Time for all 4 of these park days at once (for your off-site days you can only make them one day at a time).

I give all of this detail to illustrate how you may want to reconsider you park plan.

Since you get to book your last 4 park days 30 days earlier than off-property guests, you would be wise to try scheduling all of your hard-to-get FastPasses during these last 4 days. Meeting some of the Princesses, as well as riding Frozen and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, are often a very hard FastPass to get even at 60-days out, and if you wait until 30-days out you may be out of luck completely. This is especially true because you are going during Spring Break which I believe is the second-most crowded period all year at WDW. So I would try to move things around so that you can spend your 4 on-property park days doing these hard-to-get FastPasses.

Personally, I would not even consider Extra Magic Hours in scheduling my plans, I would focus on being at the must-do attractions based on FastPasses and not which park has Extra Magic Hours.

Goofy4TheWorld
01-14-2017, 11:54 PM
Tuesday - MK - All day (Focus on meeting characters since the girls will be princessed out)
Go straight to Peter Pan
Seven Dwarves ride (FP) 9:30 - 10:30
10:40 reservations for Bibbity Bop Boutique
Stay in Fantasy land
1:05 Lunch at Cinderella table
3:00 Fairy tale hall (FP)
5:00 Ariel's Grotto (FP)
Do fantasy land and tomorrowland fireworks and night parade

Unless I have missed a recent announcement to the contrary, there is currently NO nighttime parade at the Magic Kingdom. Main Street Electrical Parade was moved to California and no replacement has been made in Florida. The only parade is at 3pm (and it is a good one).

Goofy4TheWorld
01-15-2017, 12:06 AM
Also, I just want to repeat something I posted on a another thread.

You should be able to obtain several more FastPasses during the day beyond your first 3. If you will just spend 5 (no more than 10) minutes sitting on a bench eating a Mickey Bar, and just keep reloading available times on the MDE App, there are constantly FastPasses that come available (even when the app says no more available for today, it's not true!) that you can grab. Often if you grab one for late in the night, you can go back in and modify the FP and just keep reloading wait times and often one will pop up that would be less than an hour away. On my last family of 4 trip in December, we did not go through the Standby line one time on any ride (shows not included), we rode everything with a FastPass. On one of our Magic Kingdom days we had a total of 12 FastPasses used!

Now you may not have as much luck as me since you are going during Spring Break, but don't take the MDE App for it word when it says nothing is left, there will be something pop up if you keep trying.

Just like faline posted above, without exception every time I scanned my band for my last scheduled FastPass, I would grab my phone and start working on booking the next one, and most of the time I would have something fit just perfectly in our schedule before I even get out of the FastPass line I just entered, and the few times I couldn't get one scheduled, I pulled over for a Mickey Bar and finished the job.

Missybea
01-15-2017, 10:14 PM
I did not know that!!! Thank you Goofy4theworld. I thought I was going to have to do each day individually. Also, I now really want a Mickey ice cream bar!

Sad about the nighttime parade.... I remember it being amazing. One of my favorites as a kid.