PDA

View Full Version : Disney with teens

thejens
01-09-2017, 12:28 PM
I haven't been to WDW since the FP+ and also haven't been with teens before, so welcome any advice.

FP Questions: Can you make 3 FP per each park, for each different day of your trip in advance or can you only make 3 FP total in advance? Does everyone in your group have to get the same FP? Could I do Midway Mania with youngest teen while the 4 older ones do RR? for example?

Do you feel comfortable letting teens 13-19 roam in the world and in Disney Springs on their own in evening? Or hanging out by pool/resort at ASMU?

I am thinking about making everyone get up and get to park at opening and spending first part of day at least all together. Maybe letting folks chill and go their own ways some afternoons or evenings. Trying to relax my "forward March!" approach a bit. :)

Any suggestions on doing the world with teens versus younger ones?

Zippy 1
01-09-2017, 02:12 PM
You can make fastpass+ for everyday of your trip in advance. You do not all have to have the same fastpass. I would feel comfortable letting my kids play in the parks as teens as long as they stay together and check in occassionally. I would not feel comfortable lettting them wander Disney Springs at night without an adult

Fangorn
01-09-2017, 05:40 PM
You can only make 3 FP+ per day in advance. They all have to be at the same park. Once those are used or expired, you can make an additional 1 FP+ (it can be at any park). That assumes there are any left that you're interested in by that time. You can continue to make an additional FP+ after you've used each FP+.

Steve

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-09-2017, 07:12 PM
I think poolside in a group at AS would be fine as long as they are responsible. I definitely would not feel comfortable at Disney Springs as there is no screening there like at the parks. Possibly at the parks if they stuck together and are responsible teens. I would feel better if I were in the same park although not necessarily together all the time. I did allow my 17 year old to go to and from the park in 2011 but during the day not at night and not at Disney Springs.