PDA

View Full Version : No alarm clocks

jennsky
01-06-2017, 06:49 PM
Just an observation on this vacation, but the room we had at AKL and now at AS Sports don't have alarm clocks. It wasn't a big deal for us because we use our smart phones so we didn't actually realize it for a couple days. We mentioned it at the front desk and they said they could get us one if we wanted it. Anyways, for people who aren't as "tech savvy" or someone just wanting to know the time, it's an extra potential step when settling into your room. Just passing that along!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joonyer
01-06-2017, 07:16 PM
I would say the vast majority of people are just like you, (and my family) and use their smart phones and other devices for wakeup alarms. The hotels will also do wake-up calls if you ask.

BrerGnat
01-06-2017, 08:39 PM
Yeah, they have been gone from all resorts for awhile. I miss having a clock I can just glance at in the middle of the night.

Patti
01-06-2017, 09:40 PM
Yeah, they have been gone from all resorts for awhile. I miss having a clock I can just glance at in the middle of the night.

I agree. I prefer a clock instead of having to find my phone (when I'm half asleep) in the dark to check the time.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-06-2017, 10:00 PM
I guess I'm just a big kid but I have to get the wake up call from Stitch " No Sleeping!"

Polynesian Dweller
01-07-2017, 12:14 AM

Not all. We had a very new alarm clock with two USB charging ports in October at the Polynesian.

Genie1953
01-07-2017, 07:34 AM
We bought a small electric alarm clock with large display at Walmart and took it with us to Disney. It is only about 3 by 5 inches so very compact and only cost maybe $4.

vicster
01-07-2017, 09:57 AM
We didn't have a clock in December at the Wilderness Lodge. I prefer looking at a clock rather than my phone. Dumb move or is it to save money?

faline
01-07-2017, 11:44 AM
To be honest, I don't think I'll miss the clock in the room. We like our room to be as dark as possible and having the clock face shining during the night is annoying. We've been known to put a pillow over it, turn it around, and/or unplug it. If I need an alarm, I'll set the one on my phone or request a wake up call (or both).

BrowncatP
01-08-2017, 12:46 PM
The clocks seem to be gone from the majority of the resorts. At AKL I was told it was a cost saving, and also most people use their phone. I want a clock. You can ask at the desk and you will get one. Although at AKL the clock was left at the door to the room. While at GF, the clock was set up on the nightstand with the correct time too!

Kairi_7378
01-08-2017, 07:32 PM
I have noticed this trend in a lot of non Disney hotels, too.

Simba's Mom
01-12-2017, 01:44 PM
We had one at OKW when we were there last week. Strangely, however, it wasn't plugged in!

baldburke
01-13-2017, 01:29 PM
Disney or not I don't tend to trust hotel clocks as an alarm so I don't necessarily see this as a bad thing. More USB plug-ins are better!

MNNHFLTX
01-16-2017, 03:59 PM
To be honest, I don't think I'll miss the clock in the room. We like our room to be as dark as possible and having the clock face shining during the night is annoying. We've been known to put a pillow over it, turn it around, and/or unplug it. If I need an alarm, I'll set the one on my phone or request a wake up call (or both).It's the same for me, Linda; I used to throw a washcloth over the display on the alarm clock. But I hate wake up calls too (something about being jarred awake from a sound sleep by a ringing phone!) I'd much rather use the clock on my phone, with the display set on dim.