PDA

View Full Version : new magic bands

emfleck
01-03-2017, 02:58 PM
Does anyone know if they are shipping the new style magic bands yet? We have a trip planned the first week of March and I'm hoping it is the new style band we get.

VWL Mom
01-03-2017, 03:02 PM
They shipped to AP holders in December (just received mine) and are reportedly going to begin shipping to resort guests sometime this month.

emfleck
01-03-2017, 03:04 PM
That's great!

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-04-2017, 09:01 AM
We got ours yesterday and they are still the old style

emfleck
01-04-2017, 10:52 AM
We got ours yesterday and they are still the old style

That's a bummer. I guess we just have to wait and see. Thanks all.

Imalismom
01-04-2017, 01:04 PM
The accessories for the new bands still are not available yet....

Ed
01-04-2017, 02:51 PM
They shipped to AP holders in December (just received mine) and are reportedly going to begin shipping to resort guests sometime this month.

Lynn,is it one of the new style bands?

VWL Mom
01-04-2017, 04:15 PM
Lynn,is it one of the new style bands?
Yes it is :mickey: As I mentioned in another post even though the face is wider from side to side it is narrower in thickness and wraps much easier.

The accessories for the new bands still are not available yet....
Any idea when?

Imalismom
01-05-2017, 09:24 AM
Yes it is :mickey: As I mentioned in another post even though the face is wider from side to side it is narrower in thickness and wraps much easier.

Any idea when?

All WDW could tell me once sometime after the new year. You can purchase the new bands online, but still no accessorizes yet.

j2k
01-12-2017, 02:22 PM
A friend of mine is going in a couple weeks and their bands shipped right before NYE and she received them last weekend. She sent me a picture and it is the new style bands.

VWL Mom
01-12-2017, 06:06 PM
The new band seems a bit "smarter". It recognizes that I am DVC and AP, discounts were automatically applied at some of the restaurants and shops. My first day in the parks it lit up pink and said "welcome home", the following days it was different colors and a pixie dust sound. The keepers are still not available in the shops and right now they didn't seem to have a expected date for them.

JanetMegan
01-13-2017, 09:07 AM
Are they shipping them to AP holders automatically? I have not received one...

VWL Mom
01-13-2017, 09:16 AM
Are they shipping them to AP holders automatically? I have not received one...

If you've not already gotten a band for your current AP go to your MDE account under magic bands and there's a place to order it. The photo is still the old band but the new ones are being shipped.

JanetMegan
01-13-2017, 09:33 AM
Sure enough! Thanks, I have been using a Flower and Garden LE one from last year but it was getting a little beat up and it was $ so thanks!

Lindsey
01-13-2017, 12:06 PM
If you've not already gotten a band for your current AP go to your MDE account under magic bands and there's a place to order it. The photo is still the old band but the new ones are being shipped.

Thank you Lynn! My husband and I haven't received ours either, gonna go order them now. :)

baldburke
01-13-2017, 01:26 PM
The new band seems a bit "smarter". It recognizes that I am DVC and AP, discounts were automatically applied at some of the restaurants and shops. My first day in the parks it lit up pink and said "welcome home", the following days it was different colors and a pixie dust sound. The keepers are still not available in the shops and right now they didn't seem to have a expected date for them.

Sweet!

Imalismom
01-13-2017, 01:53 PM
got my pass holder band today and it was the new one

Ed
01-13-2017, 11:04 PM
A little off topic, but I find it amusing..... I've got Magic Bands ordered for next month's stay. When tracking them on the Post Office website, I found that the package started on 1/8 in Davenport, Florida which is about 20 miles from my home. From there it went to Bensenville, Illinois on 1/11; then to Atlanta, Georgia on 1/12; then to Orlando, Florida on 1/13, where it now sits. With Monday being a holiday, it won't get to me until 1/16 at the earliest. I could have walked to Davenport and picked it up a whole lot quicker. :mickey:

Goofy4TheWorld
01-13-2017, 11:15 PM
A little off topic, but I find it amusing..... I've got Magic Bands ordered for next month's stay. When tracking them on the Post Office website, I found that the package started on 1/8 in Davenport, Florida which is about 20 miles from my home. From there it went to Bensenville, Illinois on 1/11; then to Atlanta, Georgia on 1/12; then to Orlando, Florida on 1/13, where it now sits. With Monday being a holiday, it won't get to me until 1/16 at the earliest. I could have walked to Davenport and picked it up a whole lot quicker. :mickey:

Not bad for Government work!!!

Ed
01-14-2017, 08:25 AM
Surprisingly enough, it now shows that it's out for delivery to us today !

Ed
01-14-2017, 10:15 AM
And BINGO -- They have arrived, and they are the new style.

PopPhan
01-14-2017, 11:25 AM
Cool! I like that they label the slots for each one as well. Just in case you forgot your color, or as in your case, have more than one of the same color!!

lindique
01-14-2017, 03:33 PM

There's a thread on this topic on another Disney website. Some of the circuitous routes that these MagicBands have taken are really funny. They have employed a company called One Stop Mailing who picks up in Florida and then delivers it to the USPS in some state, depending on where you live. All of them appear to be going to Illinois (first stop after Florida), followed by Pennsylvania for most. I don't know how traveling all over the country (mostly in the wrong direction) saves money, but I'm sure someone out there figured it out.

bmj721
01-14-2017, 03:35 PM
Our magic bands for early February trip just arrived today in Indiana. And they are the new ones!! I'm so excited.

Ed
01-14-2017, 09:42 PM
Cool! I like that they label the slots for each one as well. Just in case you forgot your color, or as in your case, have more than one of the same color!!

Like the original bands, the names are also printed on the back side of the "puck".

Ed
01-17-2017, 11:06 AM
We just got another batch of new bands for another stay, and this one included four credit-card-sized plastic luggage tags and straps to attach them. The tags have images of Disney characters on one side, and name/address/phone number spaces on the reverse. The ones we got were Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Pluto.

The first batch we received a few days ago did not have the luggage tags included.

VWL Mom
01-17-2017, 04:09 PM
We just got another batch of new bands for another stay, and this one included four credit-card-sized plastic luggage tags and straps to attach them. The tags have images of Disney characters on one side, and name/address/phone number spaces on the reverse. The ones we got were Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Pluto.

The first batch we received a few days ago did not have the luggage tags included.

The luggage tags come with packages only. Are both stays booked as such? If so I would call and ask for the tags for the first stay.

Ed
01-18-2017, 02:56 PM
The luggage tags come with packages only. Are both stays booked as such? If so I would call and ask for the tags for the first stay.

Nope. Both stays were booked through DVC, room only, using points. No tickets, no DME, no meal plans, no FP+. Maybe somebody goofed and included them in the second shipment. :shrug:

magicofdisney
01-19-2017, 12:38 PM

I live in Davenport so I'll be interested to see the route mine takes.