PDA

View Full Version : Art of Animation vs. All Stars

disney1026
01-03-2017, 02:28 PM
Hello everyone!
My family has an upcoming trip in March. We are currently booked at All-Stars Movies. However, I have a family member who is insisting that Art of Animation is a way better resort and that I should transfer to a standard room there. Currently, there are available rooms, but it will be an increase of about $500.

So I am hoping to get some feedback from persons who are familiar with both resorts (I've never stayed at either). Is Art of Animation that much better? I will note, my family tends to spend most of our time at the parks. We usually only have 1 pool day. What is important to me is that the hotel room is clean, food court is clean, and that the hotel makes me feel like I'm at Disney (i.e. the Disney "magic").

Thanks!!!

#1donaldfan
01-03-2017, 06:59 PM
There is no comparison ... AoA is much better with a superior food court. It's still a value resort and will be very busy but it's just much nicer. $500 is a lot of money to transfer, everyone has a personal preference as to if it's THAT much nicer. Both have a very much Disney feel, with AoA coming out a little ahead. They both are clean and they both have clean food courts.

BrerGnat
01-03-2017, 08:40 PM
Switch to Pop Century. It's a better value Resort than the All Stars and it's a quick (and nice) walk across the lake to Art of Animation, where you can use the food court (but not the pool). Pop Century is all standard value rooms.

Speedy1998
01-04-2017, 12:26 PM
I am not sure it is $500 better. Personally I think of it this way; Would I rather spend $500 more for a place to sleep, or $500 more on souvenirs. $500 could buy a lot of mouse ears.

#1donaldfan
01-04-2017, 01:19 PM
Switch to Pop Century. It's a better value Resort than the All Stars and it's a quick (and nice) walk across the lake to Art of Animation, where you can use the food court (but not the pool). Pop Century is all standard value rooms.

I agree with this !! POP is very nice with a very good food court and is only separated from the AoA by the hour glass lake. There is a bridge that cuts through the middle of it .... Great idea !!

disney1026
01-09-2017, 08:17 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I switched the reservation to Pop Century. With the new Fun &Sun promotion it was actually slightly cheaper!

BrerGnat
01-10-2017, 12:07 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I switched the reservation to Pop Century. With the new Fun &Sun promotion it was actually slightly cheaper!

Awesome! I think you will be very happy at Pop!