PDA

View Full Version : Partial Savannah View Room at Animal Kingdom Lodge

Gatchaman
12-23-2016, 09:48 AM
When our room was booked, we meant to have a savannah view room but it went into the system as a standard room. Since it's Christmas Week, the rooms were booked way in advance and getting a change was nearly impossible. However, one day before we leave, we found out they had a cancellation and we'll be staying in a partial savannah room. My wife and I stayed in a regular savannah room years ago so we know how that is, but our kids will be with us this time and my son loves animals, which is why we're staying there. Thank goodness this worked out or he would have been very upset.

Can anyone talk about the partial savannah room or have any pictures?

Thanks!

JoDisney
12-23-2016, 11:04 AM
Who did you book your room with for AKL? I know some standard view rooms will have a partial view of the savannah, like a dirt service road or a secondary water area not on main savannah. However, I have never heard you are "guaranteed" a "partial savannah view" in the standard category. There are standard view, pool view and savannah view bookings. Bunkbeds are also offered in each of these areas if you ask for bunkbeds. In a standard view room, views are usually of parking lot, service areas, or obscure savannah like dirt road. You can ask for a partial savannah view BUT it is not guaranteed. They take your request into consideration. BUT your request is not guaranteed.

Gatchaman
12-23-2016, 11:12 AM
Under normal circumstances you are right, but we have a unique situation, so I know with certainty we'll have that room.

lawgirl
12-23-2016, 12:41 PM
We had a partial Savannah view room a couple of years ago at Christmas- we were right above the lobby desk. We could see zebras right outside our window. I think it was considered "partial" because our view was partially obstructed by the roofline, but we could still see animals just fine and it was a nice view. We've done savannah view and standard, and it seems like we always had a partial view of the savannah.

JoDisney
12-23-2016, 03:55 PM
Are you not willing to say how you booked your room, Gatchaman? Since you state it is a unique situation, only those responsible for booking a standard room price and guaranteeing that you will receive "partial savannah view" would be able to tell you. Everyone would pay a standard room price to be "guaranteed" a partial savannah view if they were unable to get their desired savannah view. This is true even if it is a dirt service road or obstructed view in a room off the lobby. Disney will not guarantee a view if that view is not booked.

LVT
12-24-2016, 12:54 PM
We booked standard and got an upgrade to partial savannah. There was a column in front of 1 end of the balcony. Still great.

Simba's Mom
12-24-2016, 08:59 PM
I don't know why they call it a "partial" savannah view. As far as I'm concerned, nothing "partial" about it. I loved it! The previous visit had been savannah view, not far away, and I thought my "partial" view was better-

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n309/Simbasmom32/October%202012-WDW/082.jpg (http://s115.photobucket.com/user/Simbasmom32/media/October%202012-WDW/082.jpg.html)

brownie
12-25-2016, 11:51 AM
Glad that it worked out for you!

JoDisney
12-25-2016, 01:54 PM
Standard view can include a partial savannah room. It is not an upgrade. It is not guaranteed. They try to always grant your request.