PDA

View Full Version : December holiday dining-12 days of Disney

Katzateer
12-21-2016, 09:39 AM
Lots of great options for dining during the holidays especially. The last few years we have gone to fine dining seating and enjoyed. This year we leaned more towards the buffets. I didn't realize how much the character dining had gone up in price. For 2 adults most of the buffets with characters ran us over $100 a meal😳which was very steep for what we ate.

New experiences for us - Tusker House for breakfast/brunch ( we ate around 11). Really enjoyed and would go back. Normally the only place we eat at AK is Flametree.

MK we went to Jungle Cruise new sit down dining ( name escapes me). I thought the food was good, the menu was a little strange, prices were high for what we got, and I don't think we would try it again with so many better choice.

Be Our Guest for dinner was one of our best meals. Love the steak. When I went in October it wasn't very good but this meal was perfect. Our waiter was very good this trip also.

One of our favorites last December was Minnie's Hollywood dine at the studios. This year it was not very good. The lobster mac and cheese was gone☹️️ And the desserts weren't as good. I think that will be crossed off our list next visit.

SciFi is always a winner. The burger and onion rings and shakes are always great. This trip we were in the first row of cars, which I didn't like as well as being further back.

At Disney Springs we enjoyed Morimoto, The Homecoming, and I think this trip those were the only locations were went to. I would have liked to have made it back to DeLuxe Burgers, The Boathouse, and tryed the New Mexican place Fontina.

Kona's my fav for breakfast and we had a great lunch there also.

Pizza in Italy was amazing. Enjoy counter service in Mexico and pastries in France.

Cape May was good. My husband likes it more than I do but I enjoyed the choices this year.

Ate lots of popcorn with refillable bucket and several dole whips. Counter service at Poly- love the pork BBQ sandwiches. So much great eating at WDW!

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-21-2016, 09:31 PM
Thanks for the reviews! We're not doing the DDP on our next trip, and the prices are crazy!

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-22-2016, 09:44 AM
Yum you hit some of our favorites. Thanks for the report

#1donaldfan
12-22-2016, 11:56 AM
.....makes me want to be there right now !!