PDA

View Full Version : Shades of Green part 2

Katzateer
12-21-2016, 09:13 AM
Enjoyed all the resorts and parks decorated for the holidays. I miss the decorations at Epcot from past years (like bridge with dancing lights) and of course the Osbourne Lights were greatly missed. The new Jingle Bam" show was ok. Nothing that exciting. Illuminations is always great and the holiday addition at end very moving and beautiful. The castle at the MK is amazing all iced up with bright white icicle lights. Nice to have the Main Street Christmas tree up. Some years it hasn't been up early December because of taping of Christmas parade.

We really enjoyed AK. The studios is so empty right now. I dragged my husband to the Frozen sing-a-long many times this trip- I love the comedy and the actors get so into the jokes they even get each other laughing. The studios used to be my favorite park but only Frozen, Beauty and the Beast, and Toy Story draw me there now. Epcot didn't have much to offer in future world but we loved the new Soarin'. Fun to walk around World Showcase, especially in early evening hours. And the magic of the MK during the holidays makes the Disney Magic come alive.

I am a little Disney overloaded at this point. After going to Flower and Garden in April, the lovely Disney wedding in October and now our December trip, not sure when we will return. My husband likes taking his vacation in December there but I would love to travel somewhere else next year. December at WDW is like going home so we will see what happens. I like vacations that are relaxing and going somewhere new won't be. Shades of Green is a nice resort and the price is right.❤️

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-22-2016, 09:42 AM
I agree sometimes you need something different and if you don't go as often the trips seem a little more special