PDA

View Full Version : Planning upcoming trip

disney4life
12-14-2016, 12:51 PM
Hi all,

Currently in the beginning stages of planning our next trip to DW. We are thinking January of '18. We have only been a couple of times and have stayed at POFQ. It's been several years since we last went and really enjoyed POFQ. Any advice/recommendations as to where to stay, when to book, other things to consider, etc? Any and all feedback would be appreciated!

Thanks!

PopPhan
12-14-2016, 01:27 PM
First off :welcome: to INTERCOT!!!!

You could actually book a Room Only reservation now. The limit is 499 days out. Packages can be booked when the new rates are released, in your case the 2018 rates, which happens mid- to late-Summer. Do yourself a favor and contact Magical Journeys and let them know when you are interested in visiting. They will make sure you get the best deal!

I have stayed at PO:R, but never at PO:FQ, but I would think you would enjoy either of them just as much as the other.

Make sure you know all you can about the dates of your visit so that you can plan park days and make yous FastPass+ reservations as soon as allowed.

I know others will disagree with me, but depending upon your family size and the discounts available, you may want to look into the different Dining Plans offered. Basically, this allows you to pre-pay for your meals, either Table Service (standard Dining Plan or above) or Counter Service (Quick Service Dining Plan.) You will need to research this closer to your trip dates.

Keep your eyes on INTERCOT for new information and answers to any questions you may have. There are a lot of good and knowledgeable people on this site who will be more than happy to help.

Zippy 1
12-14-2016, 04:02 PM
I love POFQ!!! We did however on our last visit stay at Coronado Springs since we could not get into POFQ. We really enjoyed our stay there. I like that the have a table service restaurant. It is a big resort but nice

disney4life
12-15-2016, 12:01 AM
First off :welcome: to INTERCOT!!!!

You could actually book a Room Only reservation now. The limit is 499 days out. Packages can be booked when the new rates are released, in your case the 2018 rates, which happens mid- to late-Summer. Do yourself a favor and contact Magical Journeys and let them know when you are interested in visiting. They will make sure you get the best deal!

I have stayed at PO:R, but never at PO:FQ, but I would think you would enjoy either of them just as much as the other.

Make sure you know all you can about the dates of your visit so that you can plan park days and make yous FastPass+ reservations as soon as allowed.

I know others will disagree with me, but depending upon your family size and the discounts available, you may want to look into the different Dining Plans offered. Basically, this allows you to pre-pay for your meals, either Table Service (standard Dining Plan or above) or Counter Service (Quick Service Dining Plan.) You will need to research this closer to your trip dates.

Keep your eyes on INTERCOT for new information and answers to any questions you may have. There are a lot of good and knowledgeable people on this site who will be more than happy to help.

Thanks for the advice! Last time we went there wasn't fastpass+ yet so that will be a new experience!

#1donaldfan
12-22-2016, 11:58 AM
Stick with the FQ, it simply gets better and better with each passing year !!

Imalismom
12-26-2016, 06:55 PM
I would also contact Magical Journeys. They can book now, and then if and when better deals are released, they are on top of it and you don't have to be!