PDA

View Full Version : Not So Brilliant Ideas Part 5

faline
12-13-2016, 05:13 PM
November 30 - Wednesday

Animal Kingdom today. We have 9:10 fastpasses for Expedition Everest so are up earlier than I would like. Once we arrive, we do that ride which was really a walkon without fastpass. We do It's Tough to be a Bug and check out the gorillas; then our next fastpass for the safari. We're hungry so go to Flame Tree Barbecue where a tall heron tries to steal Gene's sandwich right off table even when I've put up my hand in front of it to fend it off. A woman actually rushed over from another table to shoo it away. Our last fastpass is for Dinosaur but it has been down all day. We're too late to see the next edition of Lion King and too early to see the next Flights of Wonder show. We decide we're done and leave the park. We later get a message saying we should pick an alternate fastpass for Dinosaur since it's down.

We take bus to the Springs stop at Saratogo then boat to Downtown Springs so I can visit the Basin for more bath bombs (I'm all out). With that purchase completed, we boat back to Saratoga and walk home.

We relax for a while. We're scheduled to do the Jingle Bam dessert party tonight. It's more misty than raining when we head to bus stop but it is wet. We were the only two people on bus all the way to Hollywood Studios. Tower of Terror is 20 minutes for standby so do that first. After, we head to the general area of the party and we're the told dessert party has been moved indoors due to the wet conditions. We are in the Doug Jr building. Surprisingly, there are meatballs as well as warm artichoke dip with hummus along with the dessert items. The most desserty thing I have is vanilla ice cream. There are gingerbread martinis. Ok but not great. Our special roped in area is not so special - located behind tons of other people, a makeshift walkway and the viewing area for those in wheelchairs and their traveling party. I have to jostle to see. The show itself is just okay - not even very original - a loose following of the Nightmare before Christmas movie plot. In retrospect I would have been better off spending the money on Mickey's Very Merry overpriced Christmas Party (As an aside we've received two voice mail messages to our room reminding us tickets are still available for the Christmas party). Overall review - meh....would not likely rush back to do it again (which I told Disney in the follow up survey they sent to me.)

After the show, we are quickly out of park, back home. Early tubby and early to bed.

jonsmom
12-14-2016, 07:14 AM
I am enjoying your report. It's a comedy show.

Jeff
12-14-2016, 08:07 AM
Thanks for the review of the Desert Party/Jingle Bam show; good to know!

Beach Club Babe
12-14-2016, 10:33 PM
Laughing at the Mickey's Very Merry Overpriced Christmas Party!

SBETigg
12-14-2016, 10:51 PM
I guess you could have slept later and still finished off everything at AK that you wanted and could do. I love AK mornings, though. Sorry about the aggressive heron! I wish people would heed the Do Not Feed the birds/wildlife signs. It not only encourages the aggression, but human food truly is bad for the birds. I do love your spontaneity. You two have been there, done that, and you're willing to adapt and do things your way. It's the best way to go!

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-15-2016, 07:50 AM
Can't run out of bath bombs, tubby would be boring without them:)

cer
12-16-2016, 03:56 PM
My biggest "ugh" is trying to get in the timing of the shows at AK. Like you said, you either are waiting too long for the next show, or not going to be able to make the other. There are many shows at AK.

Let's count them....
FOLK
Nemo
Flights of Wonder
Tough to be a Bug.

So, there aren't *that* many, but why are they so difficult to manage? Throw in fastpasses and dining.... just can't do it all.

IloveJack
01-12-2017, 02:44 AM
I had the same reaction to Jingle Bell Jingle Bam. Cute, but not worth watching twice.

princessgirls
03-06-2017, 05:14 PM
Thanks Linda for the report!

Mackflava99
04-12-2017, 11:51 AM
fun to read :)