PDA

View Full Version : Washers/Dryers Port Orleans

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-10-2016, 12:53 PM
Just a head's up, a friend of mine just returned from POR a couple of weeks ago and she said the washers and dryers are no longer coin operated and now require a credit card.

Fangorn
12-10-2016, 03:35 PM
It's been that way since at least 2014. That was the last time we were at PO and they were credit/debit then.

Steve

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-10-2016, 04:18 PM
thanks didn't know.

brownie
12-11-2016, 07:08 PM
Sending this to the Accommodations forum.

Genie1953
12-13-2016, 07:46 PM
Yep...debit/credit card operated and although we didn't do it they also have a way of checking online to see what the status of your laundry is....how many minutes left etc.

#1donaldfan
12-13-2016, 07:58 PM
I remember the good 'ol days at the quiet pool, next to bldg. 18, playing in the water, waiting for our clothes to finish. Now all you have to do check online ... plus we don't have to bring all those quarters ..... hahaa !!! Merry Christmas everyone !!!

The Hitchhiking Ghost
12-14-2016, 03:50 PM
It's been that way since at least 2014. That was the last time we were at PO and they were credit/debit then.

Steve

We were there Jan-Feb of 2015, and the laundry in the Alligator Bayou section, by the quiet pool was, still coin operated.

Glad to hear of the upgrade though.

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-15-2016, 07:56 AM
wow I didn't know you could do that, pretty cool though

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-15-2016, 09:41 AM
The credit/debit thing is a bit of a pain, and although most of the machines are that way, I have noticed a few at each resort that still take the quarters. For us Canadians, the constant "small charges" actually got one of our cards blocked for fraud!

However, the coolest laundry thing is being able to check the status: http://www.laundryview.com/disneyworld/ so you know before you head over if there are machines available.

IMADisneyFreak
12-15-2016, 12:37 PM
Information like this is why I read the message boards daily so we can be ready for our trip next summer! From what I have read it looks like all the resorts have credit/debit card laundry machines? I guess the best plan of action is to bring rolls of quarters but also a Visa Gift Card loaded up with money for something like this so I don't have to use my actual debit card at a laundry machine. :thumbsup:

mandaep
12-16-2016, 01:16 PM
ha yeah I almost took some quarters to the last trip this year and i'm glad i didn't because I saw that it was credit from posters on here (like you!), but niece to know that you can look up status of laundry!! that is helpful actually

Fangorn
12-17-2016, 10:38 AM
We were there Jan-Feb of 2015, and the laundry in the Alligator Bayou section, by the quiet pool was, still coin operated.

Glad to hear of the upgrade though.

We were at FQ in 2014. Sounds like that must have been about the time things were starting to be switched over to debit/credit.
The app is great. A real time saver.

Steve

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-22-2016, 12:38 PM
that is awesome, I will use that