PDA

View Full Version : 2BR or 2 studios

andmomlau
12-04-2016, 10:04 PM
We are planning a family trip for Nov. 2017 with our daughter, son in law and adult son. We have never stayed in a 2 BR before...usually just a studio for the two of us. Would you recommend a 2 BR suite or 2 separate studios? Less points for the two studios....but they can't guarantee that they would be close. Thoughts?

SBETigg
12-05-2016, 10:48 AM
We stayed in a 2 BR with my children, all adults (daughter, her boyfriend, and my son) in May, and it was fabulous. So great to have us all together with a common area to share, but rooms for us all to retire to separately. I would definitely go with the 2 BR. Plenty of space, more fun to be together.

NewDVCowner
12-05-2016, 11:48 AM
I also really appreciate having a washer/dryer in the room which is not an option with the studios.

lawgirl
12-05-2016, 11:54 AM
We've stayed in several 2 BR villas with my parents and 2 young kids. It was nice to have the kitchen and washer/dryer, and everyone had a separate bathroom, so plenty of room. I think the main issue for us was my parents really needed separate living space so that they had some privacy beyond just shutting the bedroom door. If that is not an issue, than I would go with the 2 BR, as I do enjoy the kitchen and living room area. And it would probably not have been such an issue if our kids were older. This time (leaving in a week!) we ended up getting 2 2BR suites at the Doubletree Hilton at DS. We really all need extra space, so we are going to try it this time.

ThanxForNoticin
12-08-2016, 12:51 PM
Depending where you are planning to stay, there could be one other advantage to a 2-bedroom. Most of the studios throughout Disney have a queen bed and queen pull-out (OKW being the exception). Some of the dedicated 2-bedroom accommodations (like at Beach Club and AKL-Kidani) offer 2 queen beds in the extra bedroom instead of the pullout. We've found that to be a nice feature - but it means no locked door between the 1BR and studio, and not private entrance on the studio side. It's only in the dedicated 2-bedroom, not the locked-off.

While we have found the pull-out beds to be adequate in DVC units, the real bed is much nicer! Have a great trip!

dlpmikki
12-08-2016, 04:47 PM
The two bed at OKW has a king in the main and two doubles in the second. You can get lock off with two entrance doors if you want. Also the living space at OKW is huge compared to the others and is great for families. It's the not getting studios near each other that is a problem. Went that way once and although they were close-ish it wasn't as good as the 2 bedroom.

ANG
12-19-2016, 01:03 PM
I also really appreciate having a washer/dryer in the room which is not an option with the studios.

Deal breaker for us as well! We've done 2BRs almost every time with my in laws. Fold out couches in the living area are an option for your adult son if he doesn't want to room with his sister.

andmomlau
01-07-2017, 10:40 PM
Thanks everyone! So...if I am reading this correctly, there are some 2 BRs that have 2 queens in the studio and then a king in the other room? That would be perfect!

dlpmikki
01-08-2017, 03:06 AM
Thanks everyone! So...if I am reading this correctly, there are some 2 BRs that have 2 queens in the studio and then a king in the other room? That would be perfect!

I think that is only Old Key West. The others have a queen and a sofa bed in the studio.

VWL Mom
01-08-2017, 06:18 AM
If it is listed as a 2BR dedicated you will have a king in the master and 2queens in the second BR. If it is listed as 2BR Lock-off you will have the king in the master and 1 queen and 1 sleeper in the 2BR. The exception being OKW as Mikki noted.

ThanxForNoticin
01-09-2017, 12:46 PM

Yes. That, along with access to a washer/dryer in the room, makes that a very nice setup of a family vacation!