PDA

View Full Version : Sassagoula Floatworks & Food Factory has Re-Opened with a Refreshed Menu

Figment!
12-03-2016, 09:36 AM
Sassagoula Floatworks & Food Factory re-opened on 11/19/16 with a refreshed menu at Disney’s Port Orleans French Quarter resort.

... Home-style favorites such as create-your-own pasta, salads and pizza are still available for lunch and dinner, in addition to new flavors inspired by New Orleans. Specialty burgers include a Cajun King Burger with Andouille sausage, Cheddar Cheese and Creole mustard aioli and a Crawfish Mac & Cheese Burger. Enjoy Jambalaya or a create-your-own rice bowl with pulled pork, catfish or shrimp, red or black beans, and Cajun, dirty or white rice. Po’ Boys will also be served catfish, shrimp or beef topped with lettuce, tomato and remoulade.

For dinner, enjoy new entrees like prime rib, pork rack, roasted sustainable fish, fried chicken and BBQ ribs with your choice of sides—including Mache Choux, collard greens, mashed potatoes, glazed carrots, mac and cheese, macaroni salad and red beans and rice.

New breakfast items have also been added to the menu, and include Crispy-Fried Chicken on a Biscuit with maple-bacon jam, Molasses-Cream Cheese Cinnamon Roll, House-made Coffee Cake, Jumbo Sweet Potato Belgian Waffle topped with toasted pecans, whipped cream and apple-cranberry compote, Cajun Grit Bowl with Shrimp and soft-poached eggs, a Breakfast Po’ Boy with scrambled eggs, Andouille sausage, and sautéed peppers and onions, Pain Perdu, a French toast made with a baguette and warm fruit topping.

Signature made-to-order beignets are now available with new dipping sauces, including raspberry, caramel and chicory-coffee ganache. Or take your dessert over the top with a decadent hand-dipped gelato sundae in a beignet bowl. Other new desserts include a warm Chocolate-Caramel Bread Pudding and house-made Pecan Pralines. Of course, no visit to “The Big Easy” would be complete without a Louisiana-style King Cake, perfect for celebrating Mardi Gras anytime.

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-03-2016, 11:51 AM
Looks wonderful! I'm glad they decide to pick up more on the theme of POFQ!

buzznwoodysmom
12-05-2016, 09:35 AM
I recently saw a few photos of the interior and it looks so generic! Totally lacks any theming or character. I understand many people thought the float masks hanging from the ceiling were a bit much (never bothered us), but now it's just a very bland space. Hopefully the photos I saw were not of the completed space.

I must say, tho, that the new menu and food pics look like a major upgrade on the food front!

#1donaldfan
12-05-2016, 12:58 PM
YES !! Gotta love the FQ !!!!

Genie1953
12-05-2016, 05:30 PM
If the masks are gone that may become our go to resort! I could never stand the masks cuz they were so creepy so we never stayed there.