PDA

View Full Version : Boathouse

Kerry823
12-02-2016, 07:47 PM
On our last trip a couple of weeks ago we ate at The Boathouse. I hate to say it but the food was awful. Our party of four adults were all very disappointed with our meal. The food was all extremely overseasoned and my fish was undercooked. I paid a pretty penny for a very substandard meal. We all agreed that the sandwiches we had at The Earl of Sandwich far outdid our meal at The Boathouse. We will never go back.

faline
12-02-2016, 07:51 PM
Sorry to hear you didn't have a good experience. We've eaten at this venue twice. The first time the food wasn't awful but I would not have described it as excellent either. We had a much better experience a month or two ago.

VWL Mom
12-02-2016, 08:02 PM
Sorry to hear.

Polynesian Dweller
12-03-2016, 12:19 PM
We also found the food to be at best mediocre. I wouldn't say horrible but not worth the money and in our case the blandest lobster roll we ever had. None of the dishes we had were not properly seasoned. We won't be going back.

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-03-2016, 05:04 PM
Thanks for sharing. It is on the place I feel I "should" want to eat at, but the reviews will keep it off the list for a while.

Hammer
12-05-2016, 02:16 AM
Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy it. We have eaten there a few times and have enjoyed it each time, whether we were sharing a bunch of appetizers or ordering entrees. One of our favorite things to do is get an outdoor table, choose a few different kinds of oysters on the half shell, order a glass of wine and just soak in the atmosphere.
I like Earl of Sandwich well enough but they are two different style of dining experiences and wouldn't compare one to the other. This is why I love the variety of meal choices at WDW, there is something to suit all palettes.

buzznwoodysmom
12-05-2016, 09:31 AM
That's too bad that you didn't enjoy your meal at The Boathouse. We have only dined here once, for lunch. We thought both the food and the service was great. We didn't have an expensive meal, just some light sandwiches, chicken, and dessert, but we felt the food was really good for what we paid. And the service was among some of the best we have had in recent years in Disney. We are having lunch there again in a few months, so it sort of bums me to hear so many negative reviews!

SurferStitch
12-05-2016, 11:54 AM
I'm so sorry you didn't enjoy your meal! That can be such a letdown.

DH and I have eaten there twice (December '15 and October '16). Both meals were fantastic, both with food/drinks and service. My wedge salad and lobster were delicious this last visit.