PDA

View Full Version : All Star Music vs. Pop Century

jonsmom
12-02-2016, 07:49 AM
I am so excited to be planning a Thanksgiving 2017 trip to the world. Haven't been there at holiday time in about 10 years.

Last time we were there we stayed at Pop Century. I am looking a All Star Music because I can add a 7 day ticket and stay for the same price as Pop with a 4 day ticket.

Any opinions?

Bus transportation better at one than another?

Thanks for your help

wilcat
12-02-2016, 09:13 AM
I actually enjoyed All Star Music over POP. POP is so big it just did not feel right to me. ASMusic is a great little resort for the value. I have stayed in both standard and preferred rooms and both have been great. I had minimal wait times for buses when I have stayed there. Remember it will be crowded at the time you are going so that might impact the transportation a bit. I would take the longer trip with more park time if it was me.

1DisneyNut
12-02-2016, 10:43 AM
I haven't stayed at POP but in the past did try All Star Sports once and All Star Music once. We hated them both. One of them was worse than the other because the buses always stopped at one before continuing on to the other but I can't remember which was which. I want to say it stopped at Sports first and then Music but not sure. Anyway, it took forever to get a bus at the second one each time and when we did get one, it was typically standing room only. Then the return was bus ride was about the same with the line being a mile long at the parks.

We didn't care for either resort. They are basically comfort inn type rooms with some cheap theming. They are noisy and the food court and bus stops typically had lots of small children running amuck with little parental supervision and crying/screaming everywhere. At the time we had 2 and 3 year olds ourselves but the children around that place we more than we could tolerate. I would stay offsite or just not even go before I would ever stay in the All Stars again.

Itchy
12-02-2016, 12:10 PM
I have never stayed at ASMu, but I have stayed at Movies and Sports. Of the two I prefer Movies. Having said that as you can see from my signature I have stayed a POP a lot. It is a great value and the plus is that they have their own buses. No sharing with other resorts. You will not find much difference it rooms, but you will find the food court larger. So I would vote for POP. As far as the ticket it must be something special. Have you tried Magical Journeys to book your trip. I have used them since 2007 and have not done my own since. Their service is free and they are on of Intercots sponsors. They will find you the best deal and if a discount comes up they will apply it to your reservation saving you $$$$.

Hope this help..:mickey:

Speedy1998
12-02-2016, 12:35 PM
Movies is the best all star resort by far. They made changes to the design, based on what they learned from guest, that stayed at Sports and Music. Pop century made even further refinements, so it is better than Movies. Having said that I would not say that the improvements were enough for you to forgo the better deal at Music.

Also, something to keep in mind about the all start resorts is that for large portions of the day they share buses. The only time they typically do not is around park opening and park closing.

jonsmom
12-02-2016, 02:00 PM
I have never stayed at ASMu, but I have stayed at Movies and Sports. Of the two I prefer Movies. Having said that as you can see from my signature I have stayed a POP a lot. It is a great value and the plus is that they have their own buses. No sharing with other resorts. You will not find much difference it rooms, but you will find the food court larger. So I would vote for POP. As far as the ticket it must be something special. Have you tried Magical Journeys to book your trip. I have used them since 2007 and have not done my own since. Their service is free and they are on of Intercots sponsors. They will find you the best deal and if a discount comes up they will apply it to your reservation saving you $$$$.

Hope this help..:mickey:

Yes I have used MJ before and will use them alot. They have excellent customer service.

jonsmom
12-02-2016, 02:02 PM
I haven't stayed at POP but in the past did try All Star Sports once and All Star Music once. We hated them both. One of them was worse than the other because the buses always stopped at one before continuing on to the other but I can't remember which was which. I want to say it stopped at Sports first and then Music but not sure. Anyway, it took forever to get a bus at the second one each time and when we did get one, it was typically standing room only. Then the return was bus ride was about the same with the line being a mile long at the parks.

We didn't care for either resort. They are basically comfort inn type rooms with some cheap theming. They are noisy and the food court and bus stops typically had lots of small children running amuck with little parental supervision and crying/screaming everywhere. At the time we had 2 and 3 year olds ourselves but the children around that place we more than we could tolerate. I would stay offsite or just not even go before I would ever stay in the All Stars again.

The bus sharing really concerns me. We have stayed at Caribbean Beach before and we were always the last stop every time. We don't want anything like that again. POP wins out I think

Celakip
12-03-2016, 11:33 AM
In terms of buses...

POP is the better choice since there is only one stop. If you must stay at an All Star, Sports is the better choice because it is the first stop at times when the buses go to each All Star resort (usually only during less-busy times of the day).

jonsmom
12-03-2016, 03:44 PM
I think that POP will be our choice. Thank you

#1donaldfan
12-05-2016, 12:57 PM
For me Pop is a better choice of a value. I love the path around the Hourglass Lake for running !!!

Imalismom
12-11-2016, 09:19 PM
I just stayed at All Star Sports last month
and sports did not share a bus with any
other resort -- staying at Music next week
and can tell you more about the bus situation
then. BTW - I actually loved the sports last
month. Room was very quiet- and the value
for the one night was excellent!

jonsmom
12-12-2016, 06:51 AM
Thanks for the reply. I look forward to hearing from you on ASMu. Enjoy your stay! Merry Christmas

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-12-2016, 01:01 PM
We've not stayed at All Star Music but we did enjoy All Star Movies over Pop. The main reason was noise, Pop was the noisiest resort we've ever stayed at.

Arielfan98
12-12-2016, 02:55 PM
All Star Music is my home away from home. The largest downside to ASMusic is that the buses run slower because its shared with the other All Stars. Other than this, I don't think there's anything wrong with ASMusic. It's my family's favorite resort.

jonsmom
12-12-2016, 03:49 PM
The last time we visited Disney we stayed at Caribbean Beach. The resort was beautiful but way too big. We were the last stop on bus. Just took so long....I am trying to avoid that again.