PDA

View Full Version : Universal 1 1/2 days...which Park on what Day? Restaurants?

Gatchaman
11-30-2016, 08:04 PM
We will be going to Universal for one full day and then return for a 1/2 day. Well, maybe until 5:00 on the second day. What park should we do on the full day, and what park should we do on the almost full day? Also, any restaurant recommendations? Do you need to be in the park to go to Hard Rock?

Oh...if you have just a one park pass and not a hopper, can you leave and come back...say if you need to go to your car or go to a restaurant not in the park?

Thanks!

Niecyboo
11-30-2016, 08:58 PM
We will be going to Universal for one full day and then return for a 1/2 day. Well, maybe until 5:00 on the second day. What park should we do on the full day, and what park should we do on the almost full day? Also, any restaurant recommendations? Do you need to be in the park to go to Hard Rock?

Oh...if you have just a one park pass and not a hopper, can you leave and come back...say if you need to go to your car or go to a restaurant not in the park?

Thanks!

Both parks have so much to do, so I would look at what interests you most to decide which park to do on your longer day. A lot also depends on when you are going and what hours the parks are open those days.

As for eating, I really love both Harry Potter restaurants which are counter service so they would take less time out of your day. For sit down Mythos is the best, but again will take up a lot of your time. Hard Rock is in Citywalk so you wouldn't need park tickets to eat there. I haven't actually eaten there, but in Citywalk I love Emeril's and Vivo Italia. If you only have those 2 days, though, I would stick with quick service so you have more time to enjoy the parks.

buzznwoodysmom
12-01-2016, 09:23 AM
I would probably choose to do Universal Studios on the full day and then Islands of Adventure on the 1/2 day. Although, I do think each park could have a full day. If your spending the money on the ticket why not make a full day out of each park/ticket?

We also enjoy the Harry Potter restaurants. I would eat at any of the City Walk restaurants for dinner on my way out. I would not use park time to go to City Walk for a meal. I also wouldn't spend park time doing any sit down meals inside the parks with just a day and a half of park time. At City Walk we have enjoyed Bubba Gump Shrimp and Cowfish.

Genie1953
12-02-2016, 05:59 AM
I would do a park to park ticket so you could spend equal amounts of time at each park.

Niecyboo
12-02-2016, 04:47 PM
I forgot to mention. If you want to ride Hogwart's Express you have to have the Park to Park ticket. It's the only way to get on it since it runs between the parks. Might be a good reason to do Park to Park.