PDA

View Full Version : POR Royal Pool View Question

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-26-2016, 02:24 PM
I have a friend who just returned from DW and stayed in a Royal Room in Parterre Place. She was disappointed in her room and said it seemed older, more dated and smaller than the Royal Rooms in Oak Manor. She also told me that all the Royal Room pool views are in Parterre Place. I was looking at the map and it seems there would be just as many if not more pool view rooms at Oak Manor. Can anyone advise me on this? Has anyone else stayed in Parterre Place and been disappointed. We are at the 60 day mark and now I am starting to worry.

Genie1953
11-27-2016, 03:57 AM
The Royal rooms at both buildings should be the same size. Both buildings were being renovated as Royal rooms about the same time so there shouldn't be much difference at all. Someone please correct me if I am wrong on this.

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-27-2016, 07:10 AM
You are probably right, she is a bit of a perfectionist so probably not big differences. I'm not going to worry about it.

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-28-2016, 10:40 AM
I really wouldn't worry about it. The Royal Rooms were indeed all re-done at the same time, and the rooms are the same size in each of the buildings. It is possible that she had a room that had some more wear and tear, or perhaps she had a corner room one time (they often feel bigger because they have more windows), or maybe she was just looking for a reason to complain.

We stayed in Parterre Place during our last POR visit, and it was just lovely. Don't worry, enjoy the count-down to your vacation!

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-28-2016, 10:42 AM
Yes she did tell me she had a corner room, and she is a bit on the OCD side. However, she is the person who told me that POR was the best resort even better than the two Deluxe's she stayed at, so for a moment I panicked when she said I would be disappointed in Parterre. Having never stayed in Oak Manor I have nothing to compare it to there anyway. Thanks for the confidence boost.