PDA

View Full Version : Entertaining buses

BrowncatP
11-24-2016, 05:22 PM
Bob Chapek-Parks and Resorts Chairman at Destination D said that the transportation buses at DW might become more entertaining. Each bus will have a decorative theme, with flashing lights, and music. Also with Magic Bands 2, it appears that the buses will be able to know who is having a birthday on the day that the guest boards the bus!:bus:

Zippy 1
11-24-2016, 11:16 PM
We saw a few changes being made to various buses when we were there last week

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-25-2016, 09:59 PM
Sounds like party busses are coming! I'm torn ... this could be cool, it could also just be annoying ...

Figment!
11-26-2016, 10:56 AM
The new bus model is called the "Sorcerer Class".

The prototype bus shown at Destination D displayed small decorative touches like Sorcerer Mickey motif handholds. The area above passengers (currently displaying various adds) displayed murals of Walt Disney World. Below and above the murals were multi-colored lighting. The lighting would illuminate and change color with different promotional announcements for Walt Disney World or Walt Disney Studios films.

An example of a "Birthday on board" announcement was demonstrated implying that the forthcoming buses could read a Guest's MagicBand and make announcements regarding any Special Occasions that are stored on the Guest's My Disney Experience profile.

It was noted on the front of prototype that, "this bus is not currently planned for production" indicating that features of the prototype may be incorporated, but not the exact prototype as it was presented.

MrPeetrie
11-27-2016, 08:52 PM
Sounds like party busses are coming! I'm torn ... this could be cool, it could also just be annoying ...

I agree. I think I'm leaning toward annoying.

VWL Mom
11-28-2016, 05:17 AM

I agree. I think I'm leaning toward annoying.

Another vote leaning towards annoying, the flashing lights are triggers for some medical conditions which affect a lot of people. I understand it's just a prototype but find it a bit overboard.