PDA

View Full Version : Disney prepares to add Donald Trump to 'Hall of Presidents' attraction

Scar
11-16-2016, 10:17 AM

Celebrities may not be ready to accept Donald Trump as the next president of the United States-- but Disney World is gearing up for America's new leader.

On a quarterly earnings call Thursday, Disney CEO Robert Iger told investors that the park is readying its iconic attraction—the Hall of Presidents at Disney’s Magic Kingdom park—for a new figure of the President-elect, reports Variety.

“Smooth transitions are good,” Iger said after President Barack Obama welcomed Trump to the White House Thursday afternoon.

“I will say on the smooth transitions front, we are going through a smooth transition as well. We have already prepared a bust of President-elect Trump to go into our Hall of the Presidents at Disney World.”

The Hall of Presidents first opened in 1971 in Liberty Square and features animatronic figures of every U.S. president from George Washington to Obama.

On Friday, Disney posted an official closure notice online stating that the attraction “will be closed for refurbishment from January 17 through June 29, 2017,”...

SBETigg
11-16-2016, 10:37 AM
I welcome the new addition to the HoP. But will they go by his proclaimed height or his actual height? I'm not sure about Donald, but I've stood next to Donald Jr and he's nowhere near the 6'1 he claims.

ThanxForNoticin
11-16-2016, 12:49 PM
Every 4 or 8 years, the new President is always a topic of conversation at the Hall Of Presidents.

Does anyone recall who was the last of the original Presidents in HOP, and who was the first new addition? Did the original debut of HOP include Richard Nixon? And perhaps Gerald Ford was the first one to be added? I've been there many, many times, but cannot recall the original!

Wayne
11-16-2016, 01:34 PM
The HOP opened in 1971 with Richard Nixon as the then current chief executive. Ford would have been the first one added.

baldburke
11-17-2016, 12:34 PM
Hail to the Chief!

PirateLover
11-21-2016, 01:08 PM
Does anyone know if the Muppet show will run while HoP is being updating? It seems to serve as a lead in. I would be disappointed to miss it, as we will be there during the update.