PDA

View Full Version : Fastpass selection - how far in advance?

Disnamic Duo
11-15-2016, 12:25 PM
Hello, I just received our park tickets the other day. I linked them to our reservation and started playing around with Fastpass. I thought I could pick 60 days in advance? But it's only allowing me 30 days in advance?? Anybody know why?

Side note: we got tickets instead of Magic Bands. We got the bands the past couple years - why tixx this time? Is it because this year we have a room only reservation?

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-15-2016, 12:39 PM
It is a quirk of the system. Once you get to your 60-day mark, as long as the tickets are linked, the "extra" 30 days will appear. Before then, you'll only be able to see 30-days in advance.

Disnamic Duo
11-15-2016, 12:44 PM
Thank you!!

Basket Mommy
11-15-2016, 06:49 PM
Side note: we got tickets instead of Magic Bands. We got the bands the past couple years - why tixx this time? Is it because this year we have a room only reservation?

You will get your Magic Bands anywhere from 21 to 30 days before your trip. They wouldn't have come with the tickets.

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-15-2016, 08:25 PM
Good point! Since you're staying on-site, you WILL get MB, and since your tickets are linked, you can use your MB as your ticket as well as your room key.

Disnamic Duo
11-17-2016, 08:22 AM
Great! Thanks for the replies. So will our Magic Band #s match our ticket #s. If I get Fast Passes associated with the tixx, will they also be linked to the Magic bands?

faline
11-17-2016, 08:41 AM
Once you receive your Magic Bands, you would be able to use either the band(s) or the tickets to enter the parks and go through the fastpass+ lines.

Fangorn
11-17-2016, 07:14 PM
Great! Thanks for the replies. So will our Magic Band #s match our ticket #s. If I get Fast Passes associated with the tixx, will they also be linked to the Magic bands?

Think of it this way: everything is actually stored in your MDE account - FP, ADR, room reservations, tickets, everything. Your magic band (or bands, you can have multiples) and the hard ticket card are nothing more than keys that allow access to your MDE account. All the keys are interchangeable. The #s on the bands/cards are irrelevant except to use to link them to your account.

Steve

Dream'nDisney
01-06-2017, 10:45 AM
We bought hard tickets for our trip last year, and had everything linked on MDE. However, for some reason, my MB did not work on entry to any of the theme parks. Luckily, I had my hard ticket with me at all times. The did MB work for FP+, charges and room entry though. A CM told me to go to customer service at either a theme park or our resort, but the line at MK that day was too long and the CM at our resort couldn't get it figured out.