PDA

View Full Version : Candlelight Processional

jpmsrivers
11-15-2016, 11:02 AM
Is it possible to do the Candlelight Processional without dining reservations? And if so, what time would we need to be in line? Thanks a bunch!

faline
11-15-2016, 11:52 AM
It is possible but you might need to wait on line for several hours. Last year, we saw the line(s) begin to form at least 3 hours ahead of the processional start time. We had the dining reservations last year and still waited on line for probably an hour or so.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
11-16-2016, 11:45 AM
It is not uncommon to see someone in the standby line, standing thru an entire concert in order to get seated at the next one. The amphitheater is deceptively large and accommodates quite a few people, but those that booked the dining experience get first seating. I would think at a minimum, two hours in advance and that would probably get you into the 3rd seating.

Imalismom
11-16-2016, 09:13 PM
If you have several people in your group - I'd recommend one person hold your place in line (good time to catch on facebook/email/etc). Then the rest of the group can go off, and at certain time intervals you can trade off in line - we did this the last time we were there - even though we had the 5pm CP package, we still wanted to sit up close - so we lined at 3 pm (and we were the 5 or 6th person in line at the time) - I got to know the people around us, and we had a great time in line. By the time I was tired of being in line, someone in my party traded out - worked very well for us.

jpmsrivers
11-17-2016, 10:04 AM
Thanks for the help! I went ahead and reserved the dining package.

JanetMegan
11-17-2016, 11:16 AM
Just as a follow up on this question, I haven't actually done this in years. I have a dining reservation and didn't know I would still have to wait in line. If I'm not picky about my seating how soon do I need to be in line?

PopPhan
11-17-2016, 11:44 AM
Just as a follow up on this question, I haven't actually done this in years. I have a dining reservation and didn't know I would still have to wait in line. If I'm not picky about my seating how soon do I need to be in line?

If you are not picky about where you sit, you could probably wait until they start letting reserved seating in for your showing to actually find the back of the line.

ThanxForNoticin
11-17-2016, 12:47 PM
Theoretically, they should be selling less seats in these show packages than there are seats in the theater, so you should be fine. What you'll need to avoid is getting in line after the people with dining packages are seated - because then the seating is opened to the standby line, and the remaining seats go very quickly.

The people with dining packages who wait in line do so for the better seats in the theater.