PDA

View Full Version : We're Going to Disney!! Pretrip Report

jpmsrivers
11-14-2016, 10:42 AM
After a year in the making and almost 7 years since our last trip, we are finally about to head back to Disney! :mickey: There have been a lot of changes in our plans since our original reservation over a year ago, but now we have everything set and WE’RE GOING TO DISNEY! :cloud9:

The cast includes:
Melinda(ME) – Mom/Mimmie to all going on trip
Johnny (DH) – Dad/Pa to all going on trip
Bethany(DD) – 20 and still thinks she should get all of the special treats our grands get and so she does…
Lindsay (DD) - mom to Parker, Brodie, and Scarlett
Jake (DSIL) – dad to Parker, Brodie, and Scarlett
Parker (DGS) – 11 and loves everything Disney
Brodie (DGS) – 5 - first trip to Disney
Scarlett (DGD) – 2 – first trip to Disney
Nick (DS) – dad to Mason
Brooke (DDIL) – mom to Mason
Mason (DGS) – 2 – first trip to Disney

We can barely wait to see the excitement on the faces of all of the little ones. They have been anxiously counting down the days and the time is almost here.

Our plans are…
Three preferred rooms at Disney All Star Sports Resort and Free QS Dining.

11/18 – travel day – We will be arriving at different times and meeting up as we all get there. No parks planned for this day. Just arrive, get settled in and relax.

11/19 – MK – FP+ Jungle Cruise, Peter Pan’s Flight, and Seven Dwarf’s Mine Train

11/20 – Epcot – Fp+ Soarin’, The seas with Nemo & Friends, and Turtle Talk with Crush

11/21 – HS – FP+ Star Tours – The Adventures Continue, Toy Story Mania!, The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

11/22 – AK – FP+ Kilmanjaro Safaris, Expedition Everest, Dinosaur

11/23 –Epcot – FP+ Spaceship Earth, Test Track, Living with the Land. Dining – Chef Mickey’s Brunch

11/24 – MK – FP+ Big Thunder Mtn Railroad, Space Moutain, and Haunted Mansion. Dining ESPN Club for three men to watch the Dallas game at 2:30 and 50’s Primetime for late supper for everyone.

11/25 – MK – FP+ Haunted Mansion, Seven Dwarf’s Mine Train, Buzz Lightyear. Everyone will be leaving at noon today except for Me, DH, and Bethany. We have Dining for Be Our Guest for a late lunch.

11/26 – Epcot – FP+ Soarin’, The Seas with Nemo and Friends, and Disney & Pixar Film….we plan to enjoy today just visiting the countries with no rush.

11/27 – heading home

We have been at Thanksgiving before and know that it will be busy. But we are just thankful we can be there and with our family. In my opinion, any time of year can be magical if you allow it to. :magic: We are prepared and ready to adjust and hop from park to park as needed. This will be our first time with the FP+ so I am a little anxious to how it will affect our trip. We plan to take afternoon breaks from the parks. We will visit Disney Springs and Boardwalk at some time.

Thanks for all of the help this board has given me in helping to plan what I know will be a trip full of wonderful memories! :rocks:

faline
11-14-2016, 11:24 AM
Sounds like you have loads of fun in store for you and your family members!! It's so exciting to share the trip with your family and to see the wonder in the children's eyes!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-14-2016, 05:08 PM
Have a wonderful trip

Arielfan98
11-14-2016, 07:53 PM
Sounds like a good time, and I like your positive attitude about a trip being magical if you let it. I'm sure you and all the kids and grandkids will love it!

VWL Mom
11-14-2016, 07:53 PM
Enjoy your trip with the family!

JanetMegan
11-15-2016, 08:56 AM
How exciting! (We did a big family trip this year, multi generational and it was great!) I hope it goes great and can't wait to hear all about it (or maybe just a little? please?)

disney obsessed
11-15-2016, 09:12 AM
My daughter is a lifeguard at Sports! Enjoy the pool. :)

LandFan
11-15-2016, 03:34 PM
Hey - we leave Friday night too! Have a great time - your itinerary looks fun - I can't wait either - only 2 more days!!!

Zippy 1
11-16-2016, 09:39 AM
Just a heads up Jungle Cruise is currently Jingle Cruise for the holidays

MrPeetrie
11-16-2016, 10:32 PM
This is my kind of trip: lots of family. Lots of love. Lots of pre-planning. I can tell no matter the crowds, the trip will be a success! Have a Marvelous & Magical Time!!