PDA

View Full Version : Magical Journey's Question

IMADisneyFreak
11-12-2016, 01:44 PM
Hi All

I have read some posts which include responses related to Magical Journey's Travel Agency. I have always gone through the process of booking our own trip to Disney but I am sure I have missed out on deals in the past because I was not aware of the deals or where to look.

I am interested in some opinions on Magical Journey's (a site sponsor, I know, but I am looking for unbiased opinions). Since I have already booked a time frame with Disney for next June and started the process of figuring out park hopping and reservations, will Magical Journey's still take over my planning for me and start looking for deals? If they did, would I make any future changes to my reservation through them (if we wanted to change resorts during the planning process, etc) instead of contacting Disney?

Thanks in advance! :thumbsup:

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-12-2016, 01:55 PM
I'm not sure if you can transfer once you've booked, but I can tell you they are fantastic. They will not only get you the best deal when you book but they will automatically have any discounts that come out applied to your reservation. They have always saved me money. Plus you do not have to pay them, they get their commission through Disney.

Genie1953
11-12-2016, 01:59 PM
I am not sure if you could do that or not but I can tell you that we have always been very pleased with Magical Journeys. Our last trip they saved us several hundred dollars by automatically applying discounts as they were released by Disney. One time Disney released two discounts at the same time. I had an email waiting for me at 7:30am giving details of both discounts and what the savings would be for each and asking which one I wanted applied. Another time there was just the one discount and they went ahead and got it applied and sent me an email telling me how much it saved us. We absolutely love Magical Journeys's!

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-12-2016, 06:21 PM
You used to be able to transfer reservations to them, but I think now you have to do it right after you book it, so you may not be able to do it for this trip. You could cancel your reservation with Disney, and have them make a new one for you.

But, I was like you, I didn't see a reason to use a Travel Agent, I figured that I could sort it all out on my own. Based on feedback from this site, I gave them a try and I won't book any other way anymore.

I have two stories that I love, the first being when I checked my email one Sunday morning, and there was already an email from Magical Journeys (the awesome Debbie) telling me that there was a deal, and she'd rebooked us at the lower rate, saving us hundreds. All before I knew a deal was even available.

Another time, I needed to make a few changes and instead of being on the phone (and on long-distance hold) with Disney, it was a quick email and it was all set.

I couldn't imagine booking a trip without them! :)

Kairi_7378
11-12-2016, 09:50 PM
I'm not sure if MJ can take over administration of your reservation at this point, but someone else may be able to help you there.

I do want to echo what others have said here- that you can't go wrong with Magical Journeys. I booked my first two "grown up" vacations through AAA because that was what my in laws always did for a vacation. First time worked great, second time was not. When we took my son for his first trip, and had some odd travel needs due to visiting family during that trip, I decided that I needed to give Magical Journeys a try. Karen P has now handled three trips for my family now, and I can not recommend her enough. She was very prompt to answer questions or offer suggestions. We had to make a few changes when I booked our last trip and everything was set up perfectly. (Even my husband noticed how well this all went.) Give them a try when you can!

brad192
11-12-2016, 11:03 PM
Two Words: Do It!

My last trip, they saved me almost $500 due to discounts/promotions I would not have known about doing everything myself. They are simply, the best.

Not sure whether you can transfer your current booking arrangements to them, but contact them & find out! It's worth a little of your time and effort!

MJ Rocks!

PopPhan
11-13-2016, 12:22 AM
I am pretty sure that a Magical Journeys travel agent can handle your existing reservation, but if not, they can help you through the process of cancelling your current reservation and rebooking your dates. I fully expect that one of their agents will make a reply to you in this thread.

In that your trip is not until June, you are not within any of the pre-booking periods for FastPass+ or dining, so that would not be a problem.

Dealing with the agents at MJ has always been a pleasure. They are extremely pleasant and will bend over backward to make sure you get the best offers available for the dates and resort you prefer. If you book through MJ and a better offer comes through, they will contact you and apply any changes and/or discounts automagically!! I had booked my first two trips myself - one thru AAA and the second directly thru Disney - and tried MJ for my third....I have never looked back!!

disneydear
11-13-2016, 01:38 PM
I have also used Magical Journeys several times most recently in October. When our flight was cancelled because of Hurricane Matthew it was Debbie at MJ who sat on hold with Disney and would text me with options for moving my reservation. I couldn't have done it without her. I am using her again for my up coming trip in March.

Strmchsr
11-13-2016, 01:46 PM
I've been using Magical Journeys for 12 years. Wouldn't book any other way. One of the big pluses is they get to know you and your family. I've had the same agent (Wendy) all 12 years. She knows what my family likes and has become part of our extended family. We know everything is taken care of with her. With booking on your own it's luck of the draw who you get if you call or trying to work things through on the WDW online system, which appears to be operated by semi-trained squirrels. All of the deals MJ can get for you you could get on your own, but you have to watch for them, hope you don't miss the announcement, and then go through the hassle of updating your reservation and finding which places are available and which are blacked out. Going through MJ makes the whole experience hassle free and let's me just worry about the parts of planning I enjoy.

CanadianWDWFan
11-13-2016, 04:40 PM
We too have used MJ for everything Disney. We started using them many years ago and learned rather quickly that you don't have to keep on top of any potential discounts that might be available. In fact the discount will usually be applied even before you learn of it. Using them for Disney Cruises is also another benefit.

We use Terrisue for other things outside of Disney as well. Just recently we booked our upcoming cruise on Royal Caribbean with her. Never regretted the choice to use MJ.

IMADisneyFreak
11-14-2016, 12:38 PM
I'm not sure if you can transfer once you've booked, but I can tell you they are fantastic.

I appreciate all of the insight and positive responses, that says it all about the type of work MJ does for everyone.

I did email MJ and received a response back that because I have already booked directly through Disney they unfortunately cannot help unless I cancel that booking. If I did, I am guessing that I will receive the $200 deposit back, correct? And then start the process over through MJ?

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-14-2016, 06:33 PM
I think you will receive it back if it's before the 30 day mark? MJ can probably answer that too.

Tink1
11-15-2016, 12:29 PM
I appreciate all of the insight and positive responses, that says it all about the type of work MJ does for everyone.

I did email MJ and received a response back that because I have already booked directly through Disney they unfortunately cannot help unless I cancel that booking. If I did, I am guessing that I will receive the $200 deposit back, correct? And then start the process over through MJ?

Yes, as long as you do not have insurance on it. Insurance is non-refundable and we would not want you to lose that money

Nanc