PDA

View Full Version : Why is the line always so long for this?

Speedy1998
11-11-2016, 12:22 PM
Do you look at some WDW attractions and ask yourself why is the line always so long for this? Or why is a fastpass so hard to get for this?

For me the attraction that jumps to mind Peter Pan's Flight. Now don't get me wrong, I actually like Peter Pan's Flight, I just don't get the mass appeal. I mean, I don't see it as being any better or worse than any other classic dark ride attraction. Or even some of the newer dark ride attractions (I am looking at you Many adventures of Winnie the Pooh). Yet unless you ride it first thing in the morning, it always seems to have a 45+ min wait, and FP+ always seems to be gone. I just don't get it. Can anyone enlighten me on the wait?

Anyone else have a just don't get the wait attraction?

1DisneyNut
11-11-2016, 12:50 PM
For me it is Toy Story Midway Mania in DHS. I just absolutely don't get it. It is basically just another Buzz Lightyear and nothing all that great. We skipped it for several years but did it last time and was just like yep...it is still like doing Buzz Lightyear again.

Speedy1998
11-11-2016, 12:58 PM
For me it is Toy Story Midway Mania in DHS. I just absolutely don't get it. It is basically just another Buzz Lightyear and nothing all that great. We skipped it for several years but did it last time and was just like yep...it is still like doing Buzz Lightyear again.

Yeah, I can see that. Also my wrist is always sore when I get off of that.

ransam
11-11-2016, 01:03 PM
Peter pan is a ride I will not miss and will wait hours for, and to be honest, I have no idea why. LOL
I'm with you, it's cool,l but not that much better but it's a no miss.

as far as toy story i agree w/ you too. Love it. but It's not great. I remember when it opened some people said it was the greatest ride ever! I rode it, and yea, it was nice, but not all that.

Arielfan98
11-11-2016, 05:43 PM

Ditto! I also find my wrist get's tired after....

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-12-2016, 07:11 AM
I'm not sure either, but it is one of my mom's favorites so it's a must do for us. Maybe it's the way the ride loads, I've read before this can affect wait times?

Altair
11-12-2016, 07:25 AM
FastPass has wrecked the Stand-by line for this attraction. This ride may have the worst implementation of FastPass at WDW, while Test Track has the most fair system.

1DisneyNut
11-12-2016, 08:15 AM
Yeah, I can see that. Also my wrist is always sore when I get off of that.

Ditto! I also find my wrist get's tired after....

Yeah, I didn't mention it in my post but my wrist and hand are killing me by the time the ride is over. I haven't given it much thought but that is probably the main reason I don't care much for the Toy Story ride. Throw in the fact that it is just a knock off of Buzz Lightyear with newer technology and you have a ride I just don't care for that much.

I have always assumed that the only reason it has such long waits is because there has always been a limited amount of attractions for children in that park.

GBBT
11-12-2016, 09:23 AM
Maybe it's because,,,"you can fly...you can fly...you can flyyyyy"....:cool:

texas211
11-12-2016, 09:39 PM
FastPass has wrecked the Stand-by line for this attraction. This ride may have the worst implementation of FastPass at WDW, while Test Track has the most fair system.

Can I get an amen on this!!!

Totally messed it up. Hasn't done wonders for POTC as well.

For me, Living w/ the Land. One of our favorites. Used to be no wait, until the the new FP+ nonsense came out. Now, always 10-20 min wait. Not bad, but its only wait now b/c Soarin and people waiting, etc for it.

Also, never should have been a wait for Stitch. Anyone taking their kids on that, should have CPS called on them as well as the UN. Just horrible. May it rest in obscurity.

And everyone's wrist hurt on TSM? My wrists are fine, but my forearm muscles kill me.

paragon
11-13-2016, 06:39 AM
I think the loading has alot to do with this, its a two seater ( 3 with a child ) vs most other rides seat 4-6 Other two seaters (Nemo, Ariel, HM ) have more cars. The Pan ships are farther apart. TSM is similar, loading two at a time. I call TSM a game more than a "ride".

frakers
11-13-2016, 08:28 AM
Peter Pan was a walk up with almost immediate loading until they added Fast Pass. I like riding it but there is no way I would ever consider waiting in line more than 30 minutes, and that is only if I have nothing else to do or it is the end of the day. The ride takes 1 minute to complete. I like Fast Pass for many things but after they added it to Peter Pan, that line went to areas I didn't even know existed as part of the queue, and I have been to WDW every year since it opened.

Fast Pass broke Peter Pan.

disney obsessed
11-13-2016, 08:58 AM
Built in Supply<demand?

Hog
11-13-2016, 03:57 PM
In my opinion the best part of Peter Pan is the stand by line. All the new updates make is so awesome. But now that I have seen it I don't think I will ride it with or without fast pass anytime soon.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

baldburke
11-14-2016, 12:28 PM
In my opinion the best part of Peter Pan is the stand by line. All the new updates make is so awesome. But now that I have seen it I don't think I will ride it with or without fast pass anytime soon.

Wait...won't ride it with or without? Isn't the new queue supposed to make your wait more entertaining? The add-ons to Pooh and Haunted Mansion were good, but nothing to write home about.

Speedy1998
11-15-2016, 12:30 PM

As someone who has been going since 1980, I think Fast Pass broke a lot of attractions, not just Peter Pan. With the it's tier system, FP+ has broken even more attractions.

IMADisneyFreak
11-16-2016, 12:47 PM
Peter Pan was a walk up with almost immediate loading until they added Fast Pass. I like riding it but there is no way I would ever consider waiting in line more than 30 minutes, and that is only if I have nothing else to do or it is the end of the day. The ride takes 1 minute to complete. I like Fast Pass for many things but after they added it to Peter Pan, that line went to areas I didn't even know existed as part of the queue, and I have been to WDW every year since it opened.

I agree! Back when we went to Disney when my kids were little in '01 and '05 we would walk up and get on Peter Pan, and ride it again if we wanted to (even with a short wait). Today the line is loooong and the wait time is ridiculous. I enjoyed the ride but in my opinion it is not worth the hassle for such a short ride. And I am disappointed with my favorite ride, the Haunted Mansion. During our last trip in '13 the new queue was open and we enjoyed checking it out just before entering the attraction. But it is my understanding that the Haunted Mansion now has Fast Pass + as well. Really?! For a ride that used to be a walk on? It used to move along pretty quickly since the Doom Buggies are in constant motion and wait times were generally 10 minutes or less. Can anyone confirm what wait times are now?

Speedy1998
11-17-2016, 12:09 PM
Can anyone confirm what wait times are now?

I had to wait 30+ minutes when I was last there in March of 2015.

mcjaco
12-22-2016, 12:58 PM
Soarin'. Old and new. Just not that great of a "ride."