PDA

View Full Version : Partial day "near" Disney...

disneyduggan
11-04-2016, 11:20 AM
Never been to Disneyland or California, but will be in town for a volleyball tournament in January. Hoping to visit the Disneyland area! What can I do without buying a park ticket to give me that Disney feel I always long for. :mickey:

1DisneyNut
11-04-2016, 12:08 PM
We just went to Disneyland CA for the first time this past summer. It is set up quite a bit different than WDW. It is compact with a courtyard type area between the gates to the two parks and the Downtown Disney area is on down in between the two parks. You can see some of the attractions from outside the parks. You could go there and go to the Downtown area to eat and that should do it for you.

mook3y
11-07-2016, 04:27 PM
People gather between the 2 parks to watch the fireworks.

Personally, I am a fan of watching them from the top of their parking structure.

Goofy's kitchen is inside of the Disneyland hotel if you would like to do a character meal.

Trader Sam's at the Disneyland hotel is one of our favorite non-park things to do. Very much has the Disney feel inside of there. It is worth waiting to get a seat inside of the bar.

tinkwest
11-09-2016, 08:20 PM
Visit the Disneyland Hotel and view the many nostalgic photos and other memorabilia in the Fantasy Tower. As mook3y said, grab a seat at the bar at Disneyland Hotel's Trader Sam's for some fun.

Lots of places to choose from to eat within Downtown Disney. We especially like the Uva Bar if the weather permits (mostly outside seating).

disneyduggan
11-13-2016, 10:17 AM
Thank you so much for the suggestions! This trip came out of nowhere and after a bit of a dry spell...I'm so excited to experience some :mickey: magic in the not too distant future!