PDA

View Full Version : Recommended places to eat at Universal Orlando

Genie1953
10-28-2016, 01:14 AM
In just 10 short days we will be in Orlando for our 12 night/13 day Disneyworld Retirement Celebration trip but we will head to Universal Orlando for one day....mostly to see the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at both their parks. Can anyone recommend your favorite places to eat at Universal? Since we only have the one day at Universal we really don't want to waste time at a table service restaurant. Can everyone please give me your recommendations and why you like them? Thanks in advance!

tmclaimerFL
10-28-2016, 07:34 AM
Go to City Walk, which is entrance into the parks and go to Cowfish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buzznwoodysmom
10-28-2016, 08:03 AM
We have really enjoyed the 2 Harry Potter restaurants in the parks, Three Broomsticks and the Leakey Calderon. Both have better than typical theme park food, and both are very well themed. That would be my suggestion if you want to eat in the parks, and should be convenient if you are focusing on Harry Potter anyway.

If you want to try something outside the parks, dinner on your way out perhaps, then try Cowfish at City Walk.

Tink1
10-28-2016, 09:03 AM
In Universal Studios - For a decent sandwich we like Boulangerie, and last trip the seafood basket at The Frying Dutchman in Springfield was decent. Leaky Cauldron was OK for lunch as well. I found breakfast to be expensive for what you get (but I find that true for most places anywhere)

In Islands of Adventure - Croissant Moon has decent sandwiches and quick grab breakfast stuff and the kabobs at Doc Sugrue's in Lost Continent were good. If Thunder Falls Terrace is open they have a good lunch (ribs and chicken) and I love the building

Nanc

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-28-2016, 09:45 AM
On our last trip, we had lunch in "Springfield" and it was quite good. We liked the variety (only waiting in one line to get to the "food court") and everyone enjoyed their meal. It wasn't too far a walk from the Harry Potter stuff.

In City Walk, DH loves Margaritaville, so we've been there more than once and always enjoyed it. The nachos are HUGE.

MizMissy
10-28-2016, 10:21 AM
I also liked Bumblebee's Taco Truck in Springfield section of Universal Studios, but I really like tacos.

DisneyDINK
11-16-2016, 12:44 PM
I can't go to Universal without lunch or dinner at the bar at Finnegan's in Universal. The food is just alright, but all of the employees are some of the nicest people you will meet in a theme park. North of 50% of the patrons sitting there are regulars. Some people I talked to have APs just to have lunch or dinner there.