PDA

View Full Version : POR-Royal Room Pool View Questions

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-16-2016, 11:19 AM
Like another poster we are trying POR for the first time in January. We have a Royal Room- pool view. I can't find very many pictures of the rooms close to the pool. I've heard that this resort is very spread out and requires a lot of walking. Also, my mom requires a scooter and I heard it isn't very scooter friendly very few ramps etc.

Can anyone who's stayed in this section tell me about it? How close is the pool and laundry mat? Also, how close to the lobby and bus stops. Any tips for someone using a scooter. I see we definitely need to check out Yee Haw Bob and take the boat to Disney Springs.

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-16-2016, 08:00 PM
This is a great location! We stayed in a royal room, just a couple of rooms away from the pool a couple of years ago and it was perfect.

However, my Mom uses an ECV, and it was a LONG trip to the elevator, since we had a second floor room. There aren't many (maybe just one) in each building, so I would request (and request again) a ground floor room. Otherwise though, Mom didn't have any other issues with her ECV at the resort. It is indeed very spread out, but you're in a good location.

The "royal" quiet pool is right across the bridge from the main building, a very short walk to the food court, store and main bus stop. You'll be right at the quiet pool and laundry room, and if you want to also visit the main pool, it is behind the main building, but we find that other than the slide, we like the quiet pool better since there are so few people in it - almost like a private pool!

My Mom would actually make good use of her ECV and tour around the resort - she loved it!

Genie1953
10-17-2016, 02:35 AM
Royal rooms are in Oak Manor building and that is where we have always stayed. There is an elevator but it is in the middle of the building and of course the pool is to the right of the building as you are looking at it from the river. The pool is great with a laundry area right next to it. That building is a great location and is just a short walk across the bridge. You made a great choice selecting the Royal room with pool view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-19-2016, 03:39 PM
Oh wow I'm really excited now, I will definitely request the ground floor when I do the pre registration