PDA

View Full Version : Old Key West - DVC

IMADisneyFreak
10-15-2016, 03:22 PM
We are planning a trip down next June and would like to stay at Old Key West. However, I have read that it is a Disney Vacation Club resort so my question is this: Do we need to be a member of the DVC in order to stay at the resort? If not, I have heard about purchasing or renting DVC points (or something like that). Is that something we should consider doing to help with the cost? Any insight will be appreciated! :thumbsup:

faline
10-15-2016, 03:53 PM
It is a vacation club resort but you don't need to own points to stay there. You can rent accommodations directly from Disney as you would for any other on-site resort. To be a member, you do purchase points but that is something you should carefully consider and evaluate before making a purchase. You can rent points from a current member and there are websites that help you do that including Intercot Sponsor The Timeshare Store (http://www.dvc-resales.com/dvclisting.cfm).

tron1970
10-16-2016, 06:01 PM
F.Y.I. about old key west....Know Before You GoPlease pardon our pixie dust! In an ongoing effort to improve the quality of facilities and offerings, some offerings at Disney's Old Key West are being refreshed. Explore details below.
Pool Closure in Early 2017The Sandcastle Pool at Disney's Old Key West Resort will be closed for refurbishment from early January 2017 through the end of February 2017. The leisure pools located at Old Turtle Pond, South Point and Miller's Road will remain available for your enjoyment. Please check back here for updates.
Upcoming RefurbishmentsAdditional Resort refurbishments will begin in summer 2017. While we are working on our magic, it is possible that you will see and hear construction taking place around the Resort. We will attempt to limit any work most likely to cause a noise impact to the hours of 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. This refurbishment is expected to be completed in 2019. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

IMADisneyFreak
10-18-2016, 11:49 AM
Thank you Faline and Tron1970 for your responses! And I appreciate the refurbishment info as well, I didn't think to check into that possibility.