PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know when the Dinosaur ride refurb will be complete?

Marc
10-13-2016, 10:29 PM
I guess the refub was supposed to be complete on 10/17 now I am reading the opening will be delayed. Will be in AK on 11/7 so hoping it's open by then although our Fast Pass was just cancelled. Anyone hear anything about this? Thanks.

BadBoyBill
10-13-2016, 10:31 PM
November 20 at this point but could be extended again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Genie1953
10-14-2016, 01:42 AM
We will be at WDW from 11/7 thru 11/19 and I just received alerts for Dinosaur 11/12 and 11/16. This makes me sad because we love that ride. To make it worse they replaced the Dinosaur fast passes with fast passes for Everest and neither me or my husband like that ride. BTMRR at Magic Kingdom is also down for refurbishment while we are there and both are favorites of ours. Just so disappointing!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Imalismom
10-14-2016, 06:59 AM
Until at least November 20th - People with fast passes for up to Nov 20th are currently receiving emails showing the Dinosaur attraction time slot replaced with a reservation at Expedition Everest. Stay tuned to see if it is extended again....

#1donaldfan
10-14-2016, 11:34 AM
AWWWW man ...

brad192
10-15-2016, 05:32 PM
Ya know, I'm OK with this as long as they get it back to its original operating state. It has been in need of a heavy-duty refurb for a long time & hopefully they'll get all the effects, animatronics, etc. working properly again.

texas211
10-17-2016, 09:02 PM
Ya know, I'm OK with this as long as they get it back to its original operating state. It has been in need of a heavy-duty refurb for a long time & hopefully they'll get all the effects, animatronics, etc. working properly again.

I heard they will just use more strobe lights and make you think it is there.. Wait, no, that is disco yeti. Or give you a FP to Kilmanjaro or something.

Figment!
11-22-2016, 09:35 PM
Dinosaur has re-opened at Disney's Animal Kingdom from an extended refurbishment.

In addition to refreshing and reactivating several effects, the attraction has added a new effect.

The following contains a mild spoiler, do not highlight below if you wish to be completely surprised:

:spoiler:The long dormant jumping compsognathus (small dinosaur) effect has been replaced with a projection effect of the compsognathus running above the path of the Time Rover.