PDA

View Full Version : Wine Bar George Announced to Open in Disney Springs Fall 2017

Figment!
10-10-2016, 10:24 PM
Disney Parks & Resorts has announced another unique dining expereince for Disney Springs to open next year:

Wine Bar George, Featuring Master Sommelier George Miliotes, Opens Fall 2017 at Disney Springs at Walt Disney World Resort

by Pam Brandon, Food Writer, Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort
Disney Parks & Resorts
October 10, 2016

Fans of California Grill at Disney’s Contemporary Resort may remember Master Sommelier George Miliotes from the opening team of the award-winning restaurant when it debuted in 1995. Miliotes returns to Walt Disney World Resort with his new venture, Wine Bar George, opening in fall 2017 at Disney Springs.

The design for the 210-seat wine bar is reminiscent of a winemaker’s home estate featuring oak wood, warm lighting and a welcoming, comfortable atmosphere.

Wine Bar George also will include a food menu featuring small plates designed to complement the wine list. Offerings will feature local artisans and seasonal flavors – “bringing guests ideal food and wine pairings and culinary explorations,” says Miliotes.

Wine Bar George will offer more than 100 selections both by the bottle and the glass in a range of varietals, vintages and prices. Guests will be able to experience sips from acclaimed wineries as well as up-and-coming growing regions and wineries. Wine education will be served up in an approachable and fun manner, says Miliotes, and he is planning special events and visits from renowned winemakers.

Miliotes is one of just 230 master sommeliers in the world.

Initial documents, filed in Late 2015, indicated the new site would be located in The Landing section in between Raglan Road and Jock Lindsay's Hangar Bar.

Hammer
10-11-2016, 10:25 AM
This sounds fantastic, but why is it going to take a year to open? Having just been there and having dined in that area (Boathouse and Paradiso 37), I am trying to visualize where this will be located.

PopPhan
10-11-2016, 03:46 PM
Why is it that all these additions to Disney Springs seem to be "high-end" venues?

When Pleasure Island was popular, it was because 1) You had to pay a "cover charge" to get on the island, so there were no under age patrons during "drinking hours" and 2) It was reasonably priced, so many of the adult visitors could patronize the different establishments.

Now it seems that if you do not have a full bankroll, they don't want you visiting at all. I guess the number crunchers and Wall St. believe that the money is there and to heck with the middle class visitors who might want something reasonable outside the parks and their resort.

Hammer
10-12-2016, 09:57 AM
Why is it that all these additions to Disney Springs seem to be "high-end" venues?

When Pleasure Island was popular, it was because 1) You had to pay a "cover charge" to get on the island, so there were no under age patrons during "drinking hours" and 2) It was reasonably priced, so many of the adult visitors could patronize the different establishments.

Now it seems that if you do not have a full bankroll, they don't want you visiting at all. I guess the number crunchers and Wall St. believe that the money is there and to heck with the middle class visitors who might want something reasonable outside the parks and their resort.

I think there are many places that have been added to Disney Springs which aren't "high end" venues, such as Blaze Pizza and the hot dog/sausage place (the name is currently escaping me) as well a bunch of other really fun sounding food places that aren't "fancy". I don't think of Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar as high end. There is still Earl of Sandwich, Rainforest/T-Rex, Raglan Road, Bongo's, Paradiso 37 and Wolfgang Puck Express as well.

Disney needed some new "high end" restaurants which bring in the locals and Disney Springs is a good place to put them. My sister and I spent an evening on our trip last month having small plates and an adult beverage at 3 of the restaurants. We also ate at Art Smith's restaurant, which was delicious. You could easily split an entree there (you get a half chicken when you order the fried chicken!), which cuts down on the cost. We like that there are some new "adult" restaurants for us to try.

BadBoyBill
10-12-2016, 10:47 PM
I agree with Hammer. There seems to be a good mix of options now. The food is much better as are the cocktails. I found the prices to be comparable to restaurants at home. It has been almost a decade since PI closed and prices have gone up everywhere. They have also added the food trucks. We found some great deals in the shops as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk