PDA

View Full Version : DVC is heartless.

PETE FROM NYC
10-03-2016, 07:25 PM
I made our ressies early in the year for BLT 11/ to 11/13. Last month we found out that my sister has cancer and will be getting surgery sometime in October. I will be her care giver for about 8 weeks. I canceled our vacation and DVC says I have until end of January to use our points or lose them. I tried to explain the situation and the supervisor repeated use them or lose them. Now it looks like we will lose a whole years worth of points.
I always thought that a company like Disney had a heart. Apparently, I was mistaken.

VWL Mom
10-03-2016, 08:23 PM
Sorry to hear about your sister. I would call back and ask if under the circumstances they could make a one time banking exception. I've heard of them doing it for people before on a case by case basis. If they still refuse you should contact the timeshare Store and see if they can rent them out for you. You could also try David's. Good luck.

Figment!
10-03-2016, 08:47 PM
In addition to Lynn's suggestions, hand written letters still go a long way in situations like these.

You could try contacting the following:

Ken Potrock
Senior Vice President & GM Disney Vacation Club & Adventures by Disney
1390 Celebration Blvd
Celebration, FL 34747

Pirate Granny
10-03-2016, 11:20 PM
Sorry to hear your news. I'm sure someone will rent out your reservation....

Terk23
10-13-2016, 09:59 PM
Call Back again. I was told the same thing when I called to cancel a couple of years ago. My mother-in-law was placed into hospice 2 days before we were suppose to go. I called again, once things settled down, and the CM didn't ask any other details and just put them our pool as normal points.

MarkC
10-17-2016, 09:32 PM
In case that doesn't work out, there are places that pay you good money for using your points. You can google them to find out who, etc. We did it once and it worked great. I couldn't believe how much we got for renting a 2 bedroom unit at Beach Club. Best of luck and prayers to your family.