PDA

View Full Version : Military salute 2017 released today!!!!

buzznwoodysmom
09-28-2016, 12:27 PM
FYI for those waiting, Disney announced today that they will continue to offer the Military Salute deal in 2017! Not a ton of details out yet, but looks like the usual resort room discounts. I am, however, seeing some mention of a possible 5 day ticket option. That would be amazing! Not sure I can post the link to Military Steve's site, but hopefully a moderated will post a link to details soon.

Thank you Disney for continuing to support the military. My little military family is very appreciative of this offer year after year.

BrerGnat
09-28-2016, 01:54 PM
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/military-hotel-rate/

Looks like Disney has it on their site now!

Looks like 4 day hoppers are $209 and new 5 Day Hoppers will be $224. The Water Park & More Add on is $37 extra. Great deal!

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/military-ticket-rates/

Eligibility
To book this offer, you must be active and retired U.S. military personnel (including active or retired members of the National Guard, Reservists, the U.S. Coast Guard, the Commissioned Corps of the Public Health Service (PHS), and the Commissioned Corps of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)). Spouses of Military Service Members and PHS and NOAA Commissioned Corps members also qualify if they are able to present valid and active U.S. Military IDs in the absence of active Military Personnel or Commissioned Corps members.

Valid Travel Dates
Most nights from January 1 through April 8, 2017 and April 24 through December 19, 2017.

Length of Stay Requirements
Minimum length of stay requirements may apply.
Check-in date must fall within valid offer travel dates.

Important Details
The number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited.
May not be combined with any other discount or promotion.
Additional per-adult charges may apply if there are more than two adults per room.

Offer Restrictions
Advance reservations required.
Valid Military ID will be required upon check-in and military member (or spouse) must stay in the room.

Resort Hotels included in This Offer

Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Disney's All-Star Music Resort
Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House
Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village
Disney's Art of Animation Resort - Family Suites only
Disney's Beach Club Resort
Disney's Beach Club Villas
Disney's BoardWalk Inn
Disney's BoardWalk Villas
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Disney's Contemporary Resort
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Disney's Old Key West Resort
Disney's Polynesian Village Resort
Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows - Studios only
Disney's Pop Century Resort
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside
Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
Disney's Wilderness Lodge
Disney's Yacht Club Resort
The Cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort
The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge

To check hotel availability and book this offer, call (407) 939-5684

Tink1
09-28-2016, 04:26 PM
The IT dept is having some issues getting these loaded for WDW and DL. So.......have patience LOL

Nanc

#1donaldfan
09-29-2016, 12:45 PM
Does anyone know why they do not afford this to Disabled Veterans who did not retire ??

Imalismom
09-29-2016, 01:24 PM
Does anyone know why they do not afford this to Disabled Veterans who did not retire ??

They do, but it has to be 100% disabled

100% Service Connected Disabled with the DAVPRM code on their military issued ID.

My husband and I are both veterans, and both have a percentage disability, but since it is not 100% we do not qualify.

Shades of Green has before offered in both September and January to all veteran with a DD214, rooms at the Shades of Green so you might be on the lookout for that. If you stay at the Shades of Green during Sept and Jan, you are also eligible for discounted Magic your way tickets.

magicofdisney
09-30-2016, 08:27 AM
They do, but it has to be 100% disabled

My husband and I are both veterans, and both have a percentage disability, but since it is not 100% we do not qualify.

Shades of Green has before offered in both September and January to all veteran with a DD214, rooms at the Shades of Green so you might be on the lookout for that. If you stay at the Shades of Green during Sept and Jan, you are also eligible for discounted Magic your way tickets.
Thank you for this information. My husband too is a disabled vet but not 100%. While he does receive some exceptional benefits here and there, he feels left out at other times.

ANG
09-30-2016, 12:40 PM
Can a service member purchase and activate for family members with OUT using one themselves?

Our family will have annual passes but we want to buy the salute for his parents.

BrerGnat
09-30-2016, 09:31 PM
Can a service member purchase and activate for family members with OUT using one themselves?

Our family will have annual passes but we want to buy the salute for his parents.

Yes! As long as the active duty member or spouse is present upon activating. We have done this a few times this year already.

magicofdisney
10-01-2016, 10:40 AM
Yes! As long as the active duty member or spouse is present upon activating. We have done this a few times this year already.
Natalie, can you clarify my thinking on this? My son is active duty and training in CA right now. We wanted to do a Disney trip when we visited him. We're considering the 3day salute pass. He only has to be with us the first day of entry, correct? After that, the other two days he doesn't have to enter the gates at the same time as us?

ANG
10-03-2016, 03:13 PM
Natalie, can you clarify my thinking on this? My son is active duty and training in CA right now. We wanted to do a Disney trip when we visited him. We're considering the 3day salute pass. He only has to be with us the first day of entry, correct? After that, the other two days he doesn't have to enter the gates at the same time as us?

Yes! As long as he is there to activate on the first day.