PDA

View Full Version : animal kingdom lodge standard view

waymickey
09-27-2016, 08:27 AM
does anyone know where the standard view rooms are located at AKL? Are they all in Jambo house or could it also be in Kidini?

ThanxForNoticin
09-27-2016, 12:23 PM
Standard views are all around various parts of both Jambo House and Kidani. They built the resorts to give maximum access to the animals, but some rooms just face the other direction!

Simba's Mom
09-27-2016, 01:02 PM
Jambo and Kidani are booking categories-you'll only stay in the one you book. And some of the standard view rooms (a few) actually overlook the savannah. Officially those are called "partial savannah view", but booked as standard view. I was lucky enough to get one once when I booked standard view, and to me I thought there was nothing "partial" about the view. LOVED it!

Basket Mommy
09-27-2016, 01:20 PM
My daughter & I selected a DVC Deluxe Villa for our trip in August and we got a partial savanna view. We were in Jambo on the 5th floor at the very end of the hall. It was a long walk every day!

waymickey
09-28-2016, 01:19 PM
I booked a standard view room but did not notice anything about which Jambo or Kidini? I dont really mind either one just getting antsy and curious!:mickey:

Donald Duck
09-28-2016, 02:12 PM
Does anyone know if there are standard view rooms in the AK with a queen bed and a bunk bed ?
I tried booking this type of room today and was told there aren't any.

Thanks.
Donald Duck

LifeislikeaHurricane
09-28-2016, 03:54 PM
Does anyone know if there are standard view rooms in the AK with a queen bed and a bunk bed ?
I tried booking this type of room today and was told there aren't any.

Thanks.
Donald Duck

They have them. These had bunk beds in place of the 2nd queen bed right next to it. They were not in an additional alcove. There was one we looked at on the 3rd floor awhile back closer to when the lodge was newer.

Disney Description
Pool View - Bunk Bed
1 Queen Bed and 1 Bunk Bed
Sleeps up to 4 Adults

Standard View
Views of Rooftop or Parking Area
2 Queen Beds or 1 Queen Bed and 1 Bunk Bed or 1 King Bed and 1 Day Bed
Sleeps up to 4 Adults

Savanna View - Bunk Bed
Views of One of the Savannas
Sleeps up to 4 Adults

Donald Duck
09-28-2016, 04:09 PM
They have them. These had bunk beds in place of the 2nd queen bed right next to it. They were not in an additional alcove. There was one we looked at on the 3rd floor awhile back closer to when the lodge was newer.

Disney Description
Pool View - Bunk Bed
Sleeps up to 4 Adults

Standard View
Views of Rooftop or Parking Area
2 Queen Beds or 1 Queen Bed and 1 Bunk Bed or 1 King Bed and 1 Day Bed
Sleeps up to 4 Adults

Savanna View - Bunk Bed
Views of One of the Savannas
Sleeps up to 4 Adults

Thanks.
I called back and was able to change it to a standard view room.
I've never stayed at the Animal Kingdom lodge before.
How is it ?

j2k
09-28-2016, 05:06 PM
I booked a standard view room but did not notice anything about which Jambo or Kidini? I dont really mind either one just getting antsy and curious!:mickey:

I booked a standard view for next year and didn't think it specifically said which building. I just double checked my confirmation and it doesn't (like yours) so great question. I'll be following this thread. It doesn't matter to me which building we're in either but I'm a planner and just overall curious. :mickey:

Basket Mommy
09-28-2016, 10:26 PM
I thought Kidani was all DVC? Is that not correct?

VWL Mom
09-29-2016, 04:36 AM
I thought Kidani was all DVC? Is that not correct?

Yes, all of Kidani and floors 5 & 6 of Jambo are DVC type rooms.

ThanxForNoticin
09-29-2016, 12:00 PM
I booked a standard view for next year and didn't think it specifically said which building. I just double checked my confirmation and it doesn't (like yours) so great question. I'll be following this thread. It doesn't matter to me which building we're in either but I'm a planner and just overall curious. :mickey:

I assume you are not a DVC member booking a room with points? If you book a room with points, you book specifically either at Jambo or Kidani. If you are not booking a room with DVC points, and you booked a standard view room, it is likely you'll be at Jambo House - the "original" side of the resort.

mechanic
10-01-2016, 11:38 PM
Most of the standard view rooms at Kidani are to the left as you walk in, and face the parking lot. Some of the Savanah view rooms are a long walk from the bus stop.
Its,still one of our favorites . Best gift shop of any of the hotels. The atmosphere is amazing. We would stay here without even visiting the parks.

VWL Mom
10-02-2016, 06:18 AM
I believe the OP is referring to regular standard rooms not DVC type rooms (studio, 1 bd, 2 bd). These are only located at Jambo.

cardbar
10-19-2016, 10:31 AM
Our family of 4 will be checking into the Animal Kingdom Lodge in 36 days!!
We have booked a Standard View and as first time guests here I am hoping some long time visitors to the AKL can help us with details for when I fax my room request 5 or 6 days before we leave.
Normally we stay at the Wilderness Lodge but decided to try AKL due to all the construction going on at WL. Our WL pool view requests always asked for "bear face" rooms and 4 of the 6 times we were lucky enough to get one of those rooms.

So what things should I include in my request?
I currently have penciled in Standard View with a partial Savannah View on floors 3 or 4.
Does anyone know what trail these partial Savannah views are located??

Thank you so much for you responses and help.

CaptSmee
11-06-2016, 10:18 AM
We've stayed there 8 times and always booked standard room but every time we've arrived but one we had a savanna view room. Hopefully you will get lucky as well, I think that since adding Kidani Village there are far less "standard view" rooms than there used to be