PDA

View Full Version : What are your favorite things about the Polynesian?

MinnieJude
09-23-2016, 05:07 PM
We are headed to the Poly for our first ever Parents-Only trip. We've stayed around the World with the DD (now 20) and DS (now 18) but this is our first trip without them. :cool: What should we do/see? What hidden gems should not be missed?? DH is in Orlando for work, so we will have limited park-time, and I will be on my own several days. Thanks for your help!! :mickey::mickey::mickey:

KarenP
09-23-2016, 05:50 PM
Poly is my favorite resort. I could list so many! I'll leave some for the others, so I'll just say have dinner at 'Ohana if you can and see the Torch Lighting Ceremony. Hope you have a fantastic trip!

mydisneygirls
11-11-2016, 11:56 AM
Everything!

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-12-2016, 01:05 PM
Never stayed there but have eaten there. I recommend dinner at O'hana and breakfast at Kona, still two of my favorite meals at Disney

baldburke
12-12-2016, 01:37 PM
The Poly is great for even just hanging around the pool if your spouse is off to work. Probably the best features of the Poly for us are it's small size and proximity to the parks (including Epcot by monorail). Be sure to book breakfast at Kona. It's so nice to slow down and watch the other bustle by as they head to Ohana for breakfast or out to the parks for the day. It's been a few years for us so I don't know the status of the beach but being able to watch Wishes there is a definite perk. It's hard to say which resort has the best atmosphere because they are all unique, but it's certainly near the very top of the list at WDW. Enjoy!

Disney-Nut
01-03-2017, 08:00 AM
My favorite thing about the Polynesian, Hmmmmm.........EVERYTHING. Its the best resort, hands down.

busterthebronco
01-10-2017, 01:34 PM
i like the "feel" of the place. Try the new bar (it's hidden around the corner from the fast food deal)

Polynesian Dweller
01-10-2017, 02:19 PM
Everything does sum it up. Highlights are the resort launch to MK, closeness of the TTC for the monorail to Epcot and the ferries, a nice 15 minute walk to GF, and evenings watching the fireworks.

Princess Jules
01-24-2017, 12:37 PM
Ohana and The Electric Water Pageant.

goofy-4-disney
01-24-2017, 12:51 PM
For me, my favorite thing is the location. You're a 10-15 minute walk to GF, about the same to the TTC, and boat/monorail to MK and the other resorts on the lagoon. Being able to take the monorail to two different parks is awesome. I even enjoy just riding the Epcot loop and taking a quick swing through the park and riding back to the TTC. Dining is also great, since there are so many options available to you when you stay on the resort loop.

Ed
01-24-2017, 01:57 PM
We are having dinner at 'Ohana tomorrow :eat: (we're locals) and have eaten there and the Kona Cafe several times in the past, but we've never stayed at the resort. That's soon to be rectified. We're staying in a Bungalow next month !
:yay:

Scallywag
01-24-2017, 04:49 PM
Don't miss the bread pudding at Ohana...

Fastpasssteve
02-01-2017, 12:29 AM
I really enjoy the lounge/bar area outside of 'Ohana.

disney1026
02-06-2017, 11:12 AM
While I have not stayed at the Polynesian, I have eaten at O'hana and LOVED it!!! The atmosphere of the hotel is amazing.

RavsRuleDisney!
03-11-2017, 11:28 AM
My favorite thing about the Polynesian, Hmmmmm.........EVERYTHING. Its the best resort, hands down.

I'll second that.

DisneyOtaku
04-06-2017, 04:02 PM
The Poly is, to me, the most magical of the Disney Resorts. Enjoy lounging by the pools, the amazing food, the relaxing atmosphere.

baldburke
04-07-2017, 01:16 PM
The Poly is, to me, the most magical of the Disney Resorts. Enjoy lounging by the pools, the amazing food, the relaxing atmosphere.

Plus so much history and much more dynamic than the Contemporary.

Fusillejerry
04-07-2017, 01:50 PM
I haven't actually stayed there since sometime in the 90s, but we always end up over there for a meal and I'm excited that we'll staying there next year.

Dinner at both Ohana and Kona Cafe is great. Kona has a good breakfast as well (tonga toast and some kona coffee-yum!).

Fastpasssteve
04-11-2017, 08:33 PM
Trader Sam's Grog Grotto is a relatively new place that is a fun spot to spend some time on a warm day. Cool special effects and good drinks.

Walking around the grounds in the evening is lovely with the lighted tiki torches. You can watch the MK Fireworks from the beach with piped in music from hidden speakers!

bartman539
04-16-2017, 12:58 PM
We are headed to the Poly for our first ever Parents-Only trip. We've stayed around the World with the DD (now 20) and DS (now 18) but this is our first trip without them. :cool: What should we do/see? What hidden gems should not be missed?? DH is in Orlando for work, so we will have limited park-time, and I will be on my own several days. Thanks for your help!! :mickey::mickey::mickey:

We also have eaten at O'hana numerous times. But this July will actually be staying for the very first time!!!!! It will be a surprise to our kids, they think we booked PORS. Which we did. We are also trying a split-stay for the very first time. Three nights PORS and five nights Poly.

buzznwoodysmom
04-19-2017, 10:07 AM
I'll agree with those who said EVERYTHING!

On our most recent trip we enjoyed the offerings at the Oasis Pool. They had the best chicken wings and fruit trays! We had those almost everyday during our afternoon pool time. Getting a Dole Whip float at the resort was also a big hit for us. And according to my teen boys the best park about staying at the Poly was being able to order Ohana's from room service on our last night.

Besides the food offerings, lol, we love the location and the laid back tropical atmosphere.

TikiLounger
04-26-2017, 12:13 PM
Everything!

Exactly!