PDA

View Full Version : 411 request

nicholsbears
09-22-2016, 12:36 PM
I have two questions, if I may.
1. How far in advance can you make accommodation reservations? (I believe dining is 180 days).

2. I have seen that in the resort they sell specialty wrist bands. Are they able to transfer all your info from your original wristband (the one you receive in the mail) to the decorative one?

Thanks very much for your help.

:bar:

1DisneyNut
09-22-2016, 12:48 PM
Resort rooms about a year, dining 180 days, fastpass plus 60 days if you stay onsite in a disney resort but 30 days if you are offsite.

The magic band wrist bands don't actually contain your data so there is nothing to transfer. They have a chip with a unique identifier that is linked to your my disney experience account when you activate them. If you get another set of magic bands including the specialty ones, you just link them to your account and they work. You can have multiple magic bands linked and use them interchangeably when you like without having to do anything....they all work.

PopPhan
09-22-2016, 01:26 PM
Room Only can be booked 499 days out. You will be asked for a down payment of one night (I believe) at the current rack rate. Once the rates come out for your dates, your billing will reflect the correct rate.

The MagicBand does not actually hold any detailed information. It holds a code that links to your account on the Disney system where all the pertinent data is stored. If you purchase a specialty band, it will be linked to your account, so all your information should be available immediately.