PDA

View Full Version : A Few Wilderness Lodge notes from recent trip

JanetMegan
09-21-2016, 11:56 AM
Just wanted to post a few resort specific notes based on my long stay in the last two weeks.

The entire right side of the resort is closed in the main building (if you are standing in the lobby looking towards the pool). A CM told me this entire side is being converted to DVC (which is kind of sad for us non DVC members as it leaves only a small portion of that resort for regular guests.)

We were in a wonderful "woods" view room (6034 if you want to look it up.) My suspects are that these upper level rooms on that side won't be woods view once the construction is complete. They have taken down most of the trees on this side leaving an amazing view of the MK, Contemp and Monorail. The view for Wishes was fantastic, maybe even better than at Poly.

The construction wasn't really a big deal unless you were on that same side with a lower level room, those views just stink and will continue to be poor once the little Villas are complete. We had no major noise or issues, in fact with the resort only being 1/2 full the Roaring Fork etc was quite empty.

Feel free to ask questions if you would like!

VWL Mom
09-21-2016, 03:31 PM
The construction wasn't really a big deal unless you were on that same side with a lower level room, those views just stink and will continue to be poor once the little Villas are complete. We had no major noise or issues, in fact with the resort only being 1/2 full the Roaring Fork etc was quite empty.

I think the views will be okay once everything is complete. They'll be overlooking the new pool area and there will be new plantings.

Even though we are DVC I feel sad that the wing is being converted and WL will be half the size. We started going the year it opened and have so many fond memories. That was our favorite wing to stay in.

JanetMegan
09-22-2016, 09:09 AM
I meant the views from the main building towards the Magic Kingdom side, those folks will only have a view of the Villas in front of them.

VWL Mom
09-22-2016, 11:01 AM
I meant the views from the main building towards the Magic Kingdom side, those folks will only have a view of the Villas in front of them.
Oh okay, I see what you mean there.