PDA

View Full Version : Entertainment? in Canada

cer
09-17-2016, 08:08 AM
I saw the most disturbing thing on Instagram.

So, it was a couple of weeks ago (I think). There were entertainers on the Mill Stage and in front of the stage in Canada in Epcot. They were musicians wearing blue short sleeved shirts, khaki short pants with white suspenders, and long black socks with white shoes. I cannot remember all the different instruments they were playing, but the ones on the ground in front were playing horns - there was a saxophone and trombone for sure. On stage was a bass player and a drummer. And for the strange part...

THEY ALL HAD PAPER BAGS ON THEIR HEADS!!!!!

Seriously y'all, it was the worst.

I have heard nothing about this entertainment coming and I have heard nothing since. Not a peep - which I also find a little disturbing. Usually news like this would stir up the boards for sure.

Is this a trendy act that people find cool and entertaining and I am just so out of the loop that I am no longer a part of the cool, trendy crowd? I realize that the older I get the less I recognize the people in the People Magazine and I am ok with that. If this is the case, just please let me know.

What do y'all know?

Feeling....confused :confused:

P.S. When I was looking for the stage name for the stage in Canada, I found this from the Disney Parks Blog dated June 10, 2016...

"Hailing from Québec, Les Parfaits Inconnus combine music, circus art and comedy to create an off-the-wall performance unlike anything seen before! Demonstrating a mastery of several circus disciplines and proficiency with musical instruments, the performers of Les Parfaits Inconnus fill their audience with wonder and delight."

"You’re invited to join in the fun with Les Parfaits Inconnus, appearing for a limited time on the Mill Stage in the Canada pavilion at Epcot." (emphasis mine)

The pictures on the blog show a band playing, 3 men balancing on a board on an overturned barrel and a guy doing an act where he rides inside a hoop. In none of the pictures do they appear with the paper bags on their heads.

So, there you go. I don't know if they are still there or not, but what I saw seemed like such a crazy act and for the boards to be silent about it was even more strange.

What up, Disney?

Strmchsr
09-17-2016, 08:18 AM
This group is gone. A Canadian folk music group is back up (they were there last spring, too). The group you saw was a street performance troupe from Quebec. Disney seems to be changing out the acts at Canada every 3-6 months.

Figment!
09-19-2016, 09:49 PM
Les Parfaits Inconnus has ended their run in Epcot's Canada pavilion.

Alberta Bound has returned and will reportedly continue daily performances through October 2, 2016.

Alberta Bound is currently performing 30 minute sets at 2:15 pm, 3:30 pm, 5:00 pm, 6:15 pm & 7:30 pm.