PDA

View Full Version : F&W festival this year...reviews

Crow
09-14-2016, 09:12 PM
ill be there Sunday, just wondering if anyone has gone yet today or the next few days and what you recommend..last yr we had the mac and cheese...was ok..and some other things. I will go there a few times next week

Zippy 1
09-15-2016, 05:20 AM
My daughter was there this morning as it opened. There were a lot of people. She was excited to see all the booths. She did not try any food today. She did pick up the limited editon pins. Which were selling very quickly. She also bought a very cute t-shirt. We will be down there the end of October for 2 weeks. I can not wait to do the seminars we signed up for and try all the wonderful food. Brazil has some great offerings

Imalismom
09-15-2016, 09:30 AM
I am going on Saturday - this is what I would like to try (depending on which lines are longer will depend on what I actually try):

Belgium - Beer-braised Beef served with Smoked Gouda Mashed Potatoes – $4.75, DDP Snack Eligible

Canada - Canadian cheddar cheese soup served with a pretzel roll – $4.75, DDP Snack Eligible
Canada - “Le Cellier” Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon with Truffle-Butter Sauce – $7.75, Gluten-Free, DDP Snack Eligible

THE CHEW Collective — Grilled Beef Skewer with Romaine, Apricots and Feta Cheese – $5.00, DDP Snack Eligible

Chocolate Studio — Ghirardelli® Chocolate Raspberry Torte – $4.00, Gluten-Free, Vegetarian, DDP Snack Eligible

Farm Fresh - Chicken and Dumplings: Stewed Chicken with Mushrooms and Spinach – $4.75, DDP Snack Eligible

Greece - Vegan Loaded Greek “Nachos”: Pita Chips, Meatless Sausage Crumbles, and Vegan Tzatziki – $4.50, Vegetarian, DDP Snack Eligible

Hops & Barley - New England Lobster Roll – $7.75, DDP Snack Eligible
Hops & Barley - Freshly Baked Carrot Cake and Cream Cheese Icing – $3.75, Vegetarian, DDP Snack Eligible

Ireland (this is my first pick!!) - Seafood Fisherman’s Pie – $6.50, DDP Snack Eligible
Ireland - Irish Cheese Selection Plate: Irish Cheddar, Dubliner and Irish Porter – $4.25, Vegetarian, DDP Snack Eligible

Italy - Pennete alla Parmigiana: Baked Ziti and Chicken Parmigiana, Tomato Sauce, Mozzarella and Parmesan Cheese – $6.25, DDP Snack Eligible
Italy - Spezzatino alla Toscana con Polenta: Tuscan-style Stew with Carrots, Mushrooms and Crispy Polenta – $6.25, DDP Snack Eligible

Scotland - Traditional Scottish Lamb Stew with Neeps and Tatties – $4.75, DDP Snack Eligible

Wine and Dine Studio — Trio of Artisan Cheese – $5.00, Vegetarian, DDP Snack Eligible
La Bonne Vie Goat Cheese served with toasted Craisin Bread
Karst Cave-aged Cheddar Cheese served with Fig Compote
Statesboro Blue Cheese served with Spiced Candied Walnuts

Intermissions Cafe - any of the below

Tuna Salad with a Croissant – $7.49
Side Salad – $4.49, Vegetarian, DDP Snack Eligible
Fruit and Cheese Plate – $6.69, Vegetarian, DDP Snack Eligible
Grapes – $3.79, Vegetarian, DDP Snack Eligible
Key Lime Pie – $4.19, Vegetarian, DDP Snack Eligible

Refreshment Port (a must for me) - Pineapple Dole Whip Soft-Serve Ice Cream – $4.19, Vegetarian, DDP Snack Eligible

Since this will be the first time I am going solo, I have my list!!

Crow
09-15-2016, 01:53 PM
Ill be there Sunday w gf and we will try a few things..then i will be there alone a few times later in the week, tues wed thursday or so. dole whip w rum is a def. prob wont do any of the special paid for seminars. pick up some pins possibly. the only problem is if i try things at the booths i wont be hungry to go to any of my regular restaurant stops....