PDA

View Full Version : Which company for a wheelchair?

dreadpirateemily
09-09-2016, 08:43 AM
Hi guys,
I'm in need of a wheelchair for the duration of our upcoming trip.. Nothing fancy, as long as it rolls. :) Does anyone have experience with one company over the other as to wheelchair rental specifically? Any reason I should pick one over the other?
Thanks!!

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-10-2016, 12:12 AM
I'm a fan of Buena Vista Scooter. We've rented ECV's from them, and they were great. Our only non-Disney wheelchair experience was Apple, and that did not go well, so I'd go back to Buena Vista next time.

If by chance you don't need it around the resort, renting direct from Disney really isn't a bad idea. It is $15/day (with a multi-day rental discount) and if you don't like the one they give you, just get another one. We've done this more than once, and it was super-easy!

Simba's Mom
09-10-2016, 02:24 PM
I just read a very positive review of Walker from a man who needed a wheelchair.

dreadpirateemily
09-11-2016, 09:33 PM
Thanks y'all! I love the idea of not just renting at the parks.. Didn't know that was an option. It's also good to know a reputable company in case I decide to rent of the duration. Thanks again!