PDA

View Full Version : Things to do

Applewhite
08-23-2016, 09:39 AM
We will be going back next summer for our daughters sweet sixteen.. was wondering what ideas you might have to do. Something special. She is a BIG BELLE fan. I would love to spend a night in the castel. Please help..

faline
08-23-2016, 10:23 AM
The odds of getting to spend a night in the Castle are pretty slim!!

You can attend the Enchanted Tales with Belle.

What does your daughter like to do? You could take a behind the scenes tour? Book a dinner at a restaurant (Make sure they know you're celebrating)? A fireworks cruise and/or dessert party? A ride in an amphibious car? Cirque du Soleil?

BrerGnat
08-23-2016, 10:33 AM
Um, unless you are super mega famous, staying in the castle suite isn't happening.

You could book a Royal Room at Port Orleans Riverside..they are princess-y themed. You could have breakfast or dinner at Cinderella Castle or Be Our Guest (or both). Make sure you do the Enchanted Tales with Belle attraction at Magic Kingdom. You could also do the afternoon tea at Grand Floridian if she is into "fancy" stuff like that.

Applewhite
08-23-2016, 01:22 PM
Is the Belle enchanted tales is California as well or just in Orlando.

Arielfan98
08-23-2016, 01:49 PM
There are the Royal Guest Rooms at Port Orleans with different princess elements, including Belle stuff. I would also suggest Enchanted Tales with Belle and perhaps dining at Be our Guest. You don't see Belle at Be Our Guest, but you dine in the Beast's Castle and you take a picture with the Beast. Not sure if they have Enchanted Tales at Disneyland.

BrowncatP
08-23-2016, 04:35 PM
The Enchanted Tales with Belle is only at WDW

Kairi_7378
08-23-2016, 08:45 PM
Lunch/ dinner at Be Our Guest would be appropriate. I felt like we'd stepped into the movie when we dined there in June. Another option that would fit the "Belle" theme would be one of the restaurants or snack stands in Epcot's French pavilion.

I think that the suggestion for staying in POR princess rooms is a good one.

It might be fun, since this trip is to celebrate her birthday, to allow her to have some influence on the vacation planning. For example, you could say that you want to stay at a moderate resort, and ask her which one appeals to her thematically. For meals, I'd consider taking her to a more "grown up" restaurant (CA Grill, Narcooses) or one that appeals to her (Sanaa if she likes animals, San Angel if she likes Mexican, etc.)