PDA

View Full Version : AP Expiration Question

andypooh
08-22-2016, 06:10 PM
If I started an annual pass on August 26 would it be good the next year on August 26 or does it expire August 25 that next year? Thanks

Goofy4TheWorld
08-22-2016, 06:26 PM
Yes, it would be still be valid on August 26.

To elaborate, APs are actually valid for 366 days inclusive of their activation date and their expiration date. So if you activate an AP on 08/26/2016 it will allow entry into the parks through closing time on 08/27/2017. If your "year" included a February 29th leap day then your expiration date would be the same month/day as your action date. If your year does not include a leap day, then you actually get one additional day of use past your "12-months" mark.

One additional note: The expiration date starts ticking the day you ACTIVATE your ticket, NOT the "date of first use". This is opposite of the way regular park tickets work, but it is how it works. An example of a way your activation date and first-use date would not be the same is if you choose to activate your ticket at Disney Springs on your arrival date, but not enter a park until the next day. If you did this your clock starts ticking on the date of your Disney Springs activation.

Simba's Mom
08-30-2016, 11:57 AM
Just to reinforce what the PP said. I've actually used my AP on the expiration day on two separate occasions. Both times, the only unusual thing at the gate was the CMs stopping me to congratulate me on timing things so well as to be able to get a full year out of my AP.