PDA

View Full Version : DME question

Chase055
08-12-2016, 01:36 PM
My family is staying on property this January. I'm getting a rental car at the Orlando airport. The first half of our trip we will have the car, but I'm gonna return it for the second half because we won't need it. Can I take the DME back to the resort?

faline
08-12-2016, 01:56 PM
Typically, the rule is that you can use Disney's Magical Express on the day you check in and the day you check out. I have heard of others who have needed to transport to or from the airport mid-trip and have been able to do so. You can always call Magical Express directly to speak about your situation but I doubt it will be a problem.

Fangorn
08-12-2016, 03:12 PM
The answer is yes. As a resort guest, you are entitled to use MDE - one trip from the airport to your resort, and one from the resort to the airport. Those trips DO NOT have to be on your check-in and check-out days, NOR do they need to be in the usual MCO-Resort/Resort-MCO sequence.

One-way trips are just fine also.

I have personally done this:
arrived at MCO and had a car
mid-week, had an unexpected need to go to DC for a one-day business trip
called DME and explained the situation, they arranged to pick me up at the resort (3am for a 6am flight) and take be back to the resort at 6 that night. This avoided my wife having to take me to the airport and pick me up later.

The DME folks are super when it comes to dealing with odd situations (and your's isn't odd) and their customer service has been some of the very best I have experiences in all of Disney.

As long as do no more that one "round-trip" per person, you'll be fine.

But you WILL need to call DME to make the arrangements. The CMs at your resort will not be able to help you with this.

DME phone number is 866-599-0951

Steve