PDA

View Full Version : January or March?

biggins
08-09-2016, 12:23 PM
Had to cancel our December trip; for a good reason though, DH starting new job. We will hopefully be able to go in either January, or the week of March 19th which is spring break for some collages. Does anyone have experience going at either time? Is January really to cold for swimming? Is march crowded with spring break?
We can go any week in January I think, and I know the weather is unpredictable, I was once there in December and it was in the 30's! Any advice appreciated :mickey:

Speedy1998
08-09-2016, 12:31 PM
I have been at both times. Crowds are much lighter in January. March has a lot of college kids, and a lot of families. Spring break varies in different parts of the country so most weeks in March are pretty crowded.

As far as swimming goes January and March are **** shoots as far as what the weather will be like. I have been to Disney in freezing weather in March, and I have had to go to Downtown Disney to buy shorts in January because it was so hot.

faline
08-09-2016, 12:34 PM
With the races, January is much busier than it used to be. It can be really cold in January, really warm, or somewhere in between - sometimes all in the same trip. I've actually never been in the month of March.

Kairi_7378
08-09-2016, 10:39 PM
We liked the weather in March. Easter is not until April this year, so you won't be dealing with Holy Week crowds.
We've never been in January but based on my observations of marathon weekend, the weather is more variable. (Just something to be mindful of as you plan rest days and packing.)

#1donaldfan
08-10-2016, 12:23 PM
Like mentioned ..... swimming weather is random in January. We have been there when it's too cold and at times when it's not so bad. The pools are heated but sometimes that is not enough.

Disney Doll
09-05-2016, 12:20 PM
I would go for January based on crowds. Like others have mentioned, you will still want to be strategic with your dates to avoid the runners. For me January wins because crowds are likely to have the greatest impact on your overall trip. Yes, it will be better swimming weather in March, but you could swim at home.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk